New L.O.G. thoughts?

just another asshole with an opinion, so here goes. I think the vocals as far as diversity in the delivery and production have stepped up a bit, the drums of course are unreal all the way around, but i think the guitar tone in general lacks balls and the riffs are the least agressive of any of thier albums. dont get me wrong these guys are unreal musicians and i dig the new album, just not as much as their past work.

J the TyranT said:
Ive been too busy jamming The Duskfall to listen to anything else... lol
stumbled on "source" accidently cause i thought the cover looked cool,
pure metal ownage :heh:

musickey said:
just another asshole with an opinion, so here goes. I think the vocals as far as diversity in the delivery and production have stepped up a bit, the drums of course are unreal all the way around, but i think the guitar tone in general lacks balls and the riffs are the least agressive of any of thier albums. dont get me wrong these guys are unreal musicians and i dig the new album, just not as much as their past work.

Their guitar tone is unique, definitely not anything resembling Andy's work. It's typical LOG in that it sounds like guitars with passives plugged straight into Mesa heads with no overdrive pedals (I don't know if that's what it actually is, it's just what it sounds like to my ears.) As a result, it's a bit undergained sounding, since they have the tone dialled to the "sweet spot" before the head starts fuzzing out with crazy tube gain - it's about the best clarity you can get without a tube screamer in front. I definitely prefer the guitar tone of say, Arch Enemy over this, but this is still a clean production with some unique sonic qualities to it.

I would love to reamp those guitars though. :lol:

DanAbela said:
Its not out in England for about another month:mad:
Has the DVD got much studio footage on it?

yea theres a ton of studio footage on it..its pretty bad ass

production on this album rocks and omg the drums are :OMG:

DanAbela said:
Its not out in England for about another month:mad:
Has the DVD got much studio footage on it?
It's an hour and a half documentary. Anyone who does recording or plays metal will really get a kick out of it.

There Live DVD was very well produced. I really dig these guys cause they tune the same way as my band. Whole step down to D. Their Drummer's worth the price of admission alone! He's schooled by that old Wrathchild America shit! Climbin' the Walls!!!:kickass:

Gnash said:
There Live DVD was very well produced. I really dig these guys cause they tune the same way as my band. Whole step down to D. Their Drummer's worth the price of admission alone! He's schooled by that old Wrathchild America shit! Climbin' the Walls!!!:kickass:

Actually they just tune to Drop D.

Kazrog said:
Their guitar tone is unique, definitely not anything resembling Andy's work. It's typical LOG in that it sounds like guitars with passives plugged straight into Mesa heads with no overdrive pedals (I don't know if that's what it actually is, it's just what it sounds like to my ears.) As a result, it's a bit undergained sounding, since they have the tone dialled to the "sweet spot" before the head starts fuzzing out with crazy tube gain - it's about the best clarity you can get without a tube screamer in front. I definitely prefer the guitar tone of say, Arch Enemy over this, but this is still a clean production with some unique sonic qualities to it.

I would love to reamp those guitars though. :lol:

Yup, you got it...those are Mark IVs.

I've owned two Mark IVs over my little guitar career and they nail Lamb of God. I mean NAIL it. If anybody wants the LoG tone, snap up a Mark IV.

I just realized I hate the snare on Descending...it totally has this tinny can sound that I hate in snares....I love the song though.

I also realized that the dude from Unearth's vocals remind me of a muppet on seseame street which is hilarious...I can't take that band seriously anymore. I'll have the find the song again that totally sounds like "COOKIE COOKIE!! YARRR!!"

I like the new disc. I especially like how it isn't a repeat album and I've been listening to it nonstop since yesterday (except I did stop it once to spin fast through the Gigantour disc I got, and I don't like that one all that much).

The dvd has *some* studio footage from what I have seen through it so far...mostly just Machine bitching at them and trying to get them to play things a little slower. It was actually pre-production footage.

I have always liked LOG, but to me this is their best and most creative album to date. I would also love to hear what a little "Sneap" style reamping would do for their guitar tone. However, I think their tone is definitely oart of their signature sound.:kickass: