New Maiden track

Is that a Steve Harris song? It's pretty boring - no real riff at all during the verse, just simple chords. Nicko's drumming has got really boring and generic as well.
Add a chorus that sounds like Blaze Bayley singing it. In fact the whole fucking thing sounds like something from the Blaze era. If they can "do" Blaze era why cant they "do" POM or Powerslave era?
That's two tracks now I've heard from the new album and I dont like either of them. I hope the rest of the album has strong contributions from Adrian and Bruce because it's looking like this will be a really disappointing release.

It looks like Harris wrote that with Adrian. It has Harris all over it and I'm just a bit shocked that's the album opener. What the fuck sort of album opener is that? It's hardly "Aces High", "Moonchild" or "Where Eagles Dare" is it?

Yes, this track screams "Harris". Sadly kind of dull.
it's alright not the greatest though. i'm sure it'll grow on me. but what's wrong with "harris" the guy wrote my 2 favorite maiden songs of all time. hallowed be thy name and phantom of the opera (which paul dianno still gets on stage to sing when he needs to pay the rent).

i like maiden cause they change subtley but stay maiden. the 80's are over and thank god cause they pretty much sucked. everybody remebers like the couple cool things from that decade but 90 percent of it blew ass.

the couple of interviews i've read about this album is that it's not a one time through listen. which is cool with me. i listen to brave new world all the time with headphones on cause there is a lot of cool stuff in the back ground that gets lost just blaring it in your car.

it has maiden stamp on it...I dig it...the guitar solo sounds like adrian's...
remember it's not metallica.....

thank god maiden stayed maiden........

karrokid said:
it's alright not the greatest though. i'm sure it'll grow on me. but what's wrong with "harris" the guy wrote my 2 favorite maiden songs of all time. hallowed be thy name and phantom of the opera (which paul dianno still gets on stage to sing when he needs to pay the rent).

i like maiden cause they change subtley but stay maiden. the 80's are over and thank god cause they pretty much sucked. everybody remebers like the couple cool things from that decade but 90 percent of it blew ass.

the couple of interviews i've read about this album is that it's not a one time through listen. which is cool with me. i listen to brave new world all the time with headphones on cause there is a lot of cool stuff in the back ground that gets lost just blaring it in your car.

This song doesn´t reach his usual standard.

This song doesn´t reach his usual standard.
i understand, i also pass on the fisrt track/short song/fast opener from maiden, i think they should to. which is why they didn't pick it as the single again this time.