New Maiden track

karrokid said:
i understand, i also pass on the fisrt track/short song/fast opener from maiden, i think they should to. which is why they didn't pick it as the single again this time.

Eh? Fast opener? It's not fast is it? Am I listening to the wrong song here?

if you're listening to "different world" you are. that's about as fast/ up tempo as maiden goes for a sustained period of time. maybe you're listening to a different song ? i don't know.
the last 4 albums all start with a 4 1/2 minute up tempo throw away track imo.
futureal, wicker man, wildest dreams,different world. all the meat and potatos come 2nd or 3rd track in. after a few listens of each of the 3 new songs i like them.

anyways maiden has done what anthrax is so in need of doing and that is releasing new material and forging on with their musical career. the reunited maiden tour that played a greatest hits set (ed hunter) only lasted 3 months. then they went in and recorded brave new world. there are short summer tours of "hits" packages (that include material from every era of the band) intertwined with tours supporting new material. to me this is the only reunion that was handled the right way. that is not a john vs joey or bashing anthrax opinion. i just think thrax should take a page out of the maiden playbook instaed of the kiss one.

karrokid said:
if you're listening to "different world" you are. that's about as fast/ up tempo as maiden goes for a sustained period of time. maybe you're listening to a different song ? i don't know.
the last 4 albums all start with a 4 1/2 minute up tempo throw away track imo.
futureal, wicker man, wildest dreams,different world. all the meat and potatos come 2nd or 3rd track in. after a few listens of each of the 3 new songs i like them.

anyways maiden has done what anthrax is so in need of doing and that is releasing new material and forging on with their musical career. the reunited maiden tour that played a greatest hits set (ed hunter) only lasted 3 months. then they went in and recorded brave new world. there are short summer tours of "hits" packages (that include material from every era of the band) intertwined with tours supporting new material. to me this is the only reunion that was handled the right way. that is not a john vs joey or bashing anthrax opinion. i just think thrax should take a page out of the maiden playbook instaed of the kiss one.

I agree....good post:headbang:

I kinda like this song. It's not what it could be, yeah, but, these guys are OLD and they have been doing it for a long time. I am glad to see Maiden and Priest can still get on stage and rock after all these years, line-up changes, and BS.

It's a little more up-beat than I would expect, but, all in all, I think good work on their part after all this time.

karrokid said:
i listen to brave new world all the time with headphones on cause there is a lot of cool stuff in the back ground that gets lost just blaring it in your car.
Good point. Especially with Dance of Death; as crappy as the CD mastering is (compressed and maximised to hell), there's a lot of good music there, a lot of nuance. It's taken me several years to get into it, but it's worth it.