New Maiden

Equimanthorne

Old-School Headbanger
Nov 18, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned this yet, the new album is great stuff, check it out! Most complete album since Seventh Son, no filler, just a really good album.

Laterz,

Equimanthorne

I've had the leak for a couple of weeks already. It's actually one of my favorite Maiden albums in their entire discography. Yep, I said it.

I believe it, its that good. Its quite a pleasant surprise. Its got some old school Maiden vibes, yet theres a freshness to it all. I quite like it, as I have said.

I'm probably the only one that feels this but i think its actually one of thier worse albums. It seems to just follow a formula for every song and reminds me of dance of death + brave new world but without any of the catchyness of dance of death. the songs are just really long and repetitive and really to me don't have an individual feeling for each different song. it just sounds all the same and long and boring and drawn out. sucks cause i was hoping i'd really enjoy it.

There's one track on it that I really like, I think its the opening. Whole thing is pretty good as usual.

Equimanthorne said:
I cannot believe nobody has mentioned this yet, the new album is great stuff, check it out! Most complete album since Seventh Son, no filler, just a really good album.

Laterz,

Equimanthorne

I thought Seventh Son was crap. I have heard one song from it and I like it. So, I will get the album sometime.

nahh wrong, again man i started the thread a month ago..dude
well it rockz, and grooves, bruce still has it, watch the doco its funny while eating donuts

yeah,great album,I reccomend The Longest Day,Brighter Than A Thousand Suns and For The Greater Good Of God.

DaveIoC said:
Yes.

I'm listening to the new album now, Only a couple of tracks in. It's good so far, but I really hanker for a fast opening track... but at least they haven't got a 'Wildest Dreams' on this one (so far). :puke:
Wildest Dreams, Rainmaker (and Wicker Man from BNW) may have been the singles but they are good songs. Now, Revolution from Judas Priest's last album was a terrible song.