Maiden to do a concept album next year?

Wrathchild

Miserable Bastard
Apr 16, 2001
Enfield, South Australia
Visit site
Wikipedia may not be the most reliable source, but I was hanging around there while suicidally bored yesterday and stumbled across this.

"No new album is expected before Spring 2006 as, according to Nicko McBrain, the band will only enter the studio in November 2005. Dickinson announced at the Reading festival that the band would be touring again before Christmas 2006. McBrain also said that the new album will be a concept album, the first one since 'Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.' "

The source of this info was an interview with Mr. McBrain from a French drum magazine. Nothing yet on what the concept will involve, but I love this kind of stuff and will be glad to have something new to look forward to.

W

I reckon it'll be about some kid who gets lured to a circus sideshow kinda thing, one that has lots of wicked temptations and tries to turn him to the dark side.

D'you reckon they'll hire Neil Gaiman to come up with the story and write a comic to go with it? The way Harry's been scraping the bottom of the language barrel lately, they'll need someone else to handle lyrics too :lol:.

W

To the tune of Flight of Icarus

"As the egg breaks upon my chest,
an old bitch stands by the stage.
As the crowd warms, to the first Maiden song,
The power cuts fill me with rage.

Her daugh-ters a ho,
They tried to ruin this fuckin show-oh

Cry, in your mic, like a whinger
Really are, so naive
In your mic, like a whinger
After our set, half the crowd will leave"

:headbang:

Don't forget, Maiden are only doing festival-sized shows now (unless they change their mind). Time to organise a Maiden-sized metalfest in Oz :)

Aye, their own shows but as festivals, is what I read it as being. Mind you, they could easily do two huge shows in Oz, and I reckon a lot of people would travel for it.

Yeah they would. I'd be willing to go all the way to the city from North Melbourne for it.