New MANTICORA homepage + new songs !!!

Manticora1.jpg

What an ugly bunch of Frenchman! I can't believe a record company let these guys record a country album. What were they thinking?

:heh:

HI CLAUS YOU SEXY TRANSVESTITE!!! Tell those sumbitches to come back to YankeeLand! This is gonna be a loooong three month wait to get ahold of this new album. I'm suffering Metal Withdrawal! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

By the way... have the guys finally brainwashed Martin into staying as the band's lead guitarist? That guy is so damned good, it's an injustice to not see him performing.

Danish power metallers MANTICORA have announced the following release dates for their new album, "The Black Circus Part 1 - Letters":

Japan (Art Union Group): August 23
Europe (Massacre Records): August 25
Asia (Melodic Heaven): August 28
USA (Locomotive Music): August 29
France (Replica Records): October 1

"The Black Circus Part 1 - Letters" was recorded at the Jailhouse studios in Horsens, Denmark with producer Tommy Hansen (HELLOWEEN, TNT, PRETTY MAIDS, FATE). Check out audio samples at Manticora.dk. The "Part 2" companion CD was also scheduled to be recorded during the same session, although details on that release are currently unavailable.

MANTICORA's fourth CD, "8 Deadly Sins", is available now on Massacre Records. The follow-up to 2002's "Hyperion" (Scarlet Records) was recorded at Jailhouse and features artwork by Mattias Norén.

From the bottom of the Manticora bio on their website:

"* The Black Circus Part 1 - Letters *
For the third time in the history of Manticora, we went to the studio to record a concept album. This time the idea was to make a double album. Later on this was changed to a concept on two albums. We used many days two create the right storyline for this concept and believe me : it was a hard fought game but also worth the sweat. The problem is not to find the right story, but to tell it right through music, words and expession is the difficult part. The outcome is up to you to judge. I can tell you one thing though: this is just what we planned to do right from the beginning and it turned out excellent.

The idea from the beginning was to book the studio (Jailhouse Studios) for a longer period than normal so that we could record both albums at the same time. This would ensure the fact that we kept the concentration at 100% throughout the entire recording session. We are still a five-piece (Martin is back) and everything went as planned according to the time shcedule. A lot could be written about details regarding the recordings and other stuff, but I will spare you these facts. A whole diary was written with pictures and everything and you can probarbly find it somewhere on this page.

To make a proper ending in this biography entry I will say one thing though : Manticora sound better than ever. In my opinion, this release is the best ever and I hope you will enjoy as much as we do. The entire theme is darker than ever, more evil and the music is damn right excellent. I think that all fans of Manticora will agree with me when they hear and feel the atmosphere surrounding the circus site!

And be ready for Part two in this evil concept :) You wont be dissapointed.

Come on lets goooo!

* Final words *
The only thing I have left to say is this: I really hope you will enjoy all our albums as much as I do, and that you forever may be part of the Manticora-clan. We really appreciate the fantastic support our loyal fans are showing us.

I hope you enjoyed reading the story of Manticora. Reviews and other info about any of the above mentioned albums are to be found somewhere on this site. If you have additional questions about anything, don’t hesitate to write us at any time. The address is also to be found on the site.

Kristian Larsen, MANTICORA "