New March Hare song with vox - Sand on Fire

Splat88

Jan 31, 2006
Vegas
Here's another one for you to critique. We have not done real drums for this one yet and all the guitars will probably get redone too. Anyone, Jake is singing this one.......here is the first draft.

Click me

Getting too used to the quality of these now man :p Sounds stellar. Trying to find some sort of critique and failing! Only thing I could say is about the drum velos which you have already pointed out, but they are great sounding. Brilliant melodic riffs :)

You guys are so goddamned good it's not even funny. I had a bunch of albums I was looking forward to in the near future, but yours has quickly made its way to the top of the list, by a long shot. The music's perfect, the vox (on all the songs, from both singers) are perfect, the production and mix are perfect... I've been trying to finish several songs for years now, and your songs are the closest thing I've heard to what I've been trying to achieve. Back to the drawing board!

Wow, thanks again gentlemen. Your compliments are extremely flattering. At the rate we're going, we'll have an album out relatively soon. We've just got to get a handful more songs completed and off we go.

incredible, I think the volume on the melody guitar lead-ish thing torward the begining and middle should come up a bit, love the vocals on this one, what kind of stuff did you do to them / chain ??? the amount of stuff that seems to be going on in the background is great, total ear candy but not too distracting. most importantly great fuckin song.

damn. Your mixes/songs are awesome! I really like your guitar tones. What did you use for this song and the last one you did? What pickups are in your guitar? What passive pickup would you recommend for low tuned tight rhythms?

damn dude sounds amazing! and the song is great as well, if i had a hat on it would now be off to you!

Very nice. Cool vocals. You are lucky - you have a really good vocalist :), but, IMHO, some more expression in voice needed....
IMHO, drums need more fills - especially between different parts.

More expression in the voice? Nahhh, I disagree with that, it's perfect as it is.

I can't really think of any critique, but this seems to me like a song that needs POWER, wish I could hear it through massive stage monitors.

It really makes you feel good inside to have all these nice folks say some good shit. Even though I didn't play or sing a lick on this song. We are going to start actively demoing these songs back and forth. When we get in a jam or need some help with stuff. This will be our sound board.....P.S. -MFK, You are Matt v2009! You get an upgrade at the start of each year.

damn. Your mixes/songs are awesome! I really like your guitar tones. What did you use for this song and the last one you did? What pickups are in your guitar? What passive pickup would you recommend for low tuned tight rhythms?

Splatt will have to update you on what he uses. he would probably recommend a Duncan JB. I really dig the Dimarzio D-Activator, as well. It has a lot of the cut of an EMG 81 but a little more life to it.

I've been seriously considering that pickup. Either that or the M6 by Lundgren. The M6 is over double the price of the D activator though so that's why i'm hesitant to buy that one.

Man I'm sorry I never got around to sending you in some guest vocals, but you've got some amazing vocalists already and I will be picking up your CD when it's done!

This song is badass!!

yeah I would like to hear a CD of your band. You are one gifted songwriter and recording engineer/mixer.