New Mayhem Album Cover and Track Listing

Evil?

omghaxlol!1
Jun 25, 2005
Grand Haven, MI
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=68046
MAYHEM: New Album Track Listing, Cover Artwork, Release Date Revealed - Mar. 2, 2007
Season of Mist has set an April 23 release date for the new MAYHEM album, "Ordo Ab Chao". A track from the CD, entitled "Anti", is available for download at this location.

"Ordo Ab Chao" (view cover artwork at this location) track listing:

01. A Wise Birthgiver
02. Wall of Water
03. Great Work of Ages
04. Deconsecrate
05. Illuminate Eliminate
06. Psychic Horns
07. Key to the Storms
08. Anti

Commented guitarist Blasphemer (a.k.a. Rune Erickson): "The sound is raw and powerful, and listening to it, it reminds me of the 'Wolf's Lair Abyss' era, only more varied and more philosophical. The album also contains the most aggressive songs in the MAYHEM history as well as the most wicked and darkest."

The upcoming CD will mark MAYHEM's first release since 1993 with vocalist Attila Csihar back behind the microphone.

Csihar rejoined MAYHEM in November 2004 as the replacement for departed singer Maniac (real name Sven Erik Kristiansen).

MAYHEM's last studio album, "Chimera", entered the Norwegian album chart at position No. 28 upon its release in March 2004.

Is it me or does the cover art say ORDO AD CHAO (which means "Order To Chaos")?

If that's the case then it's grammatically incorrect. The preposition "ad" always takes the accusative. Therefore if they meant to say "Order To Chaos" then it would be "Ordo Ad Chaos".

Chaos is a Greek neuter noun, so the accusative matches the nominative. So it's "Chaos" and not "Chaon".

If that's the case then it's grammatically incorrect. The preposition "ad" always takes the accusative. Therefore if they meant to say "Order To Chaos" then it would be "Ordo Ad Chaos".

Chaos is a Greek neuter noun, so the accusative matches the nominative. So it's "Chaos" and not "Chaon".

Right. But the album is called Ordo Ab Chao. It seems like a typo.

Yes that is clearly a typo on the album cover. Whoever made the cover must have assumed it was "Ad" because that preposition seems to appear more frequently in metal bands' names and titles, i.e. "Ad Noctem" or "Ad Maiorem Sathanae Gloriam".

Right. But the album is called Ordo Ab Chao. It seems like a typo.

mayhem.jpg

Blabbermouth typo then I suppose, even the url is right here