New Mayhem Album Cover and Track Listing

Attila is one of the greatest Black Metal vocalists of all time, and Dead (in Mayhem) is overrated (though he was an excellent Death Metal vocalist in Morbid).

Attila is one of the greatest Black Metal vocalists of all time, and Dead (in Mayhem) is overrated (though he was an excellent Death Metal vocalist in Morbid).

ahhh no about Attila.... he was horrible.. the only thing about DMDS that turned me off about the album... that and Euronymous mediocre guitar playing... but i preferred the guitar playing.. the vocals i could of done without on that album.. as for Maniac... I only heard him on Chimera and i liked his performance on there... as for Greatest BM vocalist... I think most of us could probably name half a dozen if not more who are way better then Attila or be considered "one of the Greatest".... Quorthon I would probably go with for one among others....

I think Attila's vocals totally fit with DMDS, they were completely different and original.
Later Maniac sounds a bit out of place to me (GDoW), but at the same time it wasn't terrible. His voice fits in more with raw black metal, like the Deathcrush ep.
And as for Dead, I like his vocals on Live in Leipzig.

What? Jesus... Attila is the only reason I can't listen to DMDS. He sounds like Peter Lorre in the opening of Funeral Fog.

haha yea.

How can you say Dead is overrated if you listen to the two tracks he recorded in studio on the Tribute to Black Emperors (Freezing Moon and Carnage)his vocals are haunting and demented, blend perfectly with the music.

Dead is overrated because his vocals have nothing unique about them. He was just an average Black Metal vocalist. He didn't stand out at all.

Attila, on the other hand, had one of the most evil, haunting, and sinister vocal performances of all time on DMDS, creating quite a frightening atmosphere. It's not my fault that neither of you can appreciate his vocal style. It's your loss, not mine, and I honestly don't give a crap.

Attila, on the other hand, had one of the most evil, haunting, and sinister vocal performances of all time on DMDS, creating quite a frightening atmosphere. It's not my fault that neither of you can appreciate his vocal style. It's your loss, not mine, and I honestly don't give a crap.

QFT

It's like this:

(Old Mayhem)>(Modern Mayhem)<< (Most BM acts)

That or it is an homage to GOATSE with the orange square being the ass and the > << being the hands/fingers???

Dead is overrated because his vocals have nothing unique about them. He was just an average Black Metal vocalist. He didn't stand out at all.

Obviously you do care as you took the time to respond to us. And yeah... Attila ruined that album. I remember the day I bought that thinking "man, this is gonna be the grimest shit ever" only to find myself laughing my ass of a couple minutes into the first track to the sound of 'Peter Lorre' croaking unintelligble words. Sorry but a truly grim, haunting black metal vocalist should not elicit that response.