New MELIAH RAGE Vocalist "Will Be A VERY Cool Surprise"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Well this is certainly the longest we've ever taken to make a record. That being said we think it will be well worth the wait since it's being produced by Rich Spillberg of Wargasm fame. Rich has recently worked with everyone from Steel assassin to Josh Grobin. The music on the record is much faster and heavier than the past few records and will feature a guest apperance by Metal Church frontman Ronny Munroe.

Vocalist Paul Souza and the band have decided to part ways while Paul spends more time on the Velveteen Playboys project which he and Tony started a few years ago. The project is not a metal band and also features Mike from the Goo Goo Dolls on drums.

So you ask who's singing on the new Meliah Rage record? Let's just say it will be a VERY cool surprise and we will let everyone know next week. The record should be on the shelves in late 2008 or early 2009 and a new video is also in the works.
Stay tuned

Jim, Stu, Tony and Darren

I'm a little dissapointed because I like Paul's vocals a lot (specially on "Barely Human"), let's hope it's either Mike Munro or some heavy name.

Sully Erna maybe? :lol:

I like a lot "Barely human" too but I consider "The deep and dreamless sleep" almost a piece of ****. Absolutely disappointing.

Mike Munro again would be OK.

But really we all know the new singer will be James rivera...:lol::lol:

Bite your tongue, I can't stand his vocals, that will kill the band for me :erk:

I like a lot "Barely human" too but I consider "The deep and dreamless sleep" almost a piece of ****. Absolutely disappointing.

I agree it disssapointed me a lot after such a brilliant comeback as BH is.

Bite your tongue, I can't stand his vocals, that will kill the band for me :erk:

Heretic!!!! :lol: Maybe Rivera is a little overrated among true metal community and he abuses from his high pitched vocals but when he sings focus Rivera fucking rules :headbang:

Besides, he has took part in a lot of excellent records, IMO.: First four Helstar albums, Vicious Rumors "Warball", Seven Witches "Passage to the other side", among others.

Heretic!!!! :lol: Maybe Rivera is a little overrated among true metal community and he abuses from his high pitched vocals but when he sings focus Rivera fucking rules :headbang:

Besides, he has took part in a lot of excellent records, IMO.: First four Helstar albums, Vicious Rumors "Warball", Seven Witches "Passage to the other side", among others.
Hell yeah, Helstar are underated if anything.

Mxgonz said:
IT'S RIPPER! Yngwie kicked him out already.
That was pretty funny!

One point Señor Wyvern!! :kickass:

Good news!! Let´s see if they record a new album.

Ole hombre resultó como esperabamos!

Throughout the course of their career, Meliah Rage has refused to let line-up changes derail or silence the mighty metal quintet from Boston, Massachusetts. And the group continues to live by this rule, as they've just announced the re-entry of the group's original frontman, Mike Munro. After singer Paul Souza exited the band late last year, a six-month search for a suitable replacement began, which led to a dead end. That is, until producer Rich Spillberg suggested that they should contact Munro, and get back to their roots. After being out of Meliah Rage for over a decade, Munro is back for more, joining band mates Anthony Nichols (guitar), Jim Koury (guitar), Darren Lourie (bass), and Stu Dowie (drums).

And in a twist of fate, the last Meliah Rage release to feature Munro, 'Death Valley Dream,' was recently remastered, with its release – July 29th (yesterday) - coming right on the heels of the announcement of Munro's return.

To mark the album's reissue, a rare, never seen before video from that record is currently being re-edited, and will be posted on the band's website and Myspace page in the near future.

Additionally, the Munro-fronted Meliah Rage is currently working on a new record with producer Spillberg (who has worked with everyone from Steel Assassin to Josh Grobin), at Red Devil Recording in Stoughton, MA, and should be on store shelves by early 2009.

I love Munro's voice!At least he can sing and you can't say that for 95% thrash metal singers.Exceptions are Forbidden,Heathen,Xentrix ...

Exceptions are Forbidden,Heathen,Xentrix ...

I don't mind most thrash vocalists specially USA thrash (as long as their vocals are clean), but I'm glad to find another Xentrix fan, those guys should had been huge. I had a tape in my car with them right now for the commuting :headbang:

Sorry for the off topic but... What a great band XENTRIX!

"Shattered existence" and "For whose advantage?" are amazing. Even "Kin" that everyone at its time said it was a Metallica rip off is very good ("The order of chaos" :headbang:)

Just a little funny but excellent note. Brilliant cover version:

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem threads that go off ocurse are normal here ;). I love the three first Xentrix album, I'm very glad that Metal Mind reissued them so I could acquire it, sadly in my fever I also bought the fourth album. AVOID IT like the plague, they totally change their sound to that dreadful modern one.

And yes Xentrix reminds me a lot of early Metallica, IMO that is good I know bashing metallica has become a sport in metal forums. I for one love to do it but that doesn't mean that I love from KEM to AJFA, so the Xentrix albums are good thrash worth to be listened to.