New Melo or Prog Death Bands?

tbh I couldn't find it in my area either but I'm sure it's not hard to acquire over the internet...

Moontower hard to find? Where the fuck do you live, within a mile-deep pit of feces or something?

? I have NEVER in my life seen Moontower available in a store, and a quick search of CDUniverse says it is not available, The End Records doesn't have it, nothing at century media... i am willing to bet all the common metal distro's don't have it. You can buy it from Amazon as an import that takes 4 weeks to ship for 26 bucks, that's the only place i see it. This album was never produced in large numbers and HAS been hard to find for much of the 2000's.

Yes by finding it i meant torrenting it and I couldn't find it anywhere in one piece so i'm just gonna order it. Thanks!

DAM - The difference engine

Best progressive/melo death album I've heard for a long time

I can't believe nobody's mentioned 'Epoch of Unlight' yet, 'Caught in the Unlight' is classic melo death

I found that album really boring.

And to me Epoch of Unlight has always sounded like one long fill on every instrument, in every song. Kind of weird.

Personal melodic death metal favorites:

Eucharist - A Velvet Creation
Dissection - The Somberlain
Embracing - I Bear the Burden of Time
The Moaning - Blood From Stone

Has anyone else noticed everything else by Embracing is terrible, though?

I know what you mean, that's how I got into the heavier stuff in general so maybe I should just give it time. I'd need something to ease into though so I could get the ear for it.

You should really check out Bathory's Under the Sign of the Black Mark. Possibly one of the easiest black metal albums to get into. It instantly grabs your attention.

I found that album really boring.

And to me Epoch of Unlight has always sounded like one long fill on every instrument, in every song. Kind of weird.

Each to their own eh, I've been listening to the difference engine constantly for months now, never gets old or boring to my ears.

Yeah I can kinda see what you mean about Epoch of unlight, thats probably why I like them so much.