NEW Melodic Metal Song! PODXT, listen!

MegaMustaine

Apr 7, 2006
What's up guys? Just finished tracking a new song called 'zenova'. I'm mixing on some speakers, so I can't really tell what should be louder or quieter, so you'll have to let me know about all that stuff.

http://media.putfile.com/Zenova-Completed-No-bass

Let me know what you think!

WHOOPS. mods can you move this or delete and I'll repost. Sorry about that guys, wasn't paying attention to what subforum i was in.

Sounds awesome! Maybe I have ear fatigue so I can't really pick out bad stuff but as of now, this is great and you need to share your mixing process :D

Ok as I was typing this one part just became apparent. The solo is a bit too upfront, maybe it lacks air. The tone is great, though!

edit: i listened to it again, and it sounds like there's clipping.

I'm digging it. :kickass:

Care to share any Podxt secrets? What models are you using/what sort of additional processing is going on?

Not bad, I personally dont really like the snare sound in the BEGINNING but after the song kicks in it sounds great!! Awesome song, I need to learn to EQ like you guys.... I suck at this shit! ...... PODXT Huh? Hmmm I might have to invest.....

Gotta rethink those drums man, the snare sounds like paper is being hit, the kick is too upfront and the overheads sound like sugar shaken in tin. Record the bass and see how it all fits together.. POD sounds great tho.

Thanks for the comments guys! As far as the POD goes, I am using three patches, I recorded 7 tracks of guitar. (sometimes 9 when there are additional parts)

The POD XT patch is a tweaked version of Andy's Treadplate Patch, another is a tweaked old splat88 patch, and the last is a different sounding treadplate model. So all three are treadplate models, haha.

I'm pretty bad at mixing drums, and I don't have any monitors, so my volume levels seem to always be off. I really love the kick sound in general, its the TAMA star faderhead classic one, it's been floating around here for some time. The Snare is an "in flames' snare that I really love, but I guess it might not fit that well in this mix, or I should do something to it. You guys can check out my myspace as well, at http://www.myspace.com/BenGrace. I'm getting vocals on this one soon!

I have an old Ibanez bass, but no real means of recording it. I have a podxt pro, any suggestions for recording bass?