[recording and video] Melodic Metal song. PODXT DKFH

Catchy riffs and tune also... But do some "diving" into drum sound... It's obvious that it's EZ DFH... Replace snare and tweak toms a little... It's not so hard.

I really like the riff where you do that repeated pattern around the 12th-15th fret on the D and A strings (I assume it's the chorus, and if not, it should be :) ), but the other riffs are all just a bit too Lamb of God for my tastes. I like the tone, is that the Treadplate model? I feel it could use a little more presence to "cut" through a bit more, but it's got good body behind it. Podxt cab modeling, I assume? As for the drums, I don't mind the snare, though the kicks are actually the part that screams EZF DFH the most to me (I never liked their kicks), so that'd be what I'd recommend replacing.

Thanks for the critiques guys. The song does seem to be a little lamb of gody, because its in 6/8. Everything I write in 6/8 seems to be lamb of gody.

Anyways, weird that the kick sounds the most like DKFH, because its the only thing i mixed! I changed the kick a lot so itd be lower and cut through more, but no matter what I do it seems to always retain that 'dkfh' kicky sound.

Oh, and the patch was kind of the Andy Sneap treadplate model, but I switched the microphone to condenser I believe, and made it cut through more with prescence and treble. I found his original patch to get lost in the mix. Then I used another similar version to his other patch thats more bassy and full, to provide me with two seperate tracks. So there were 5 total. (well 7 with the lead part)

oh and metal tastic, do you mean that triplety part, where everything stops? Thats the only riff I can think of thats on the D and A strings, except for that lead part. (which is also on the G)