New Rig Test Drive! 6505+ and PodXT --> Profire 2626

Z3R0

Jan 18, 2008
Tucson, AZ
www.facebook.com
www.myspace.com/alpinestudioscr

Song called "Bubbatoonday" Pulled it all off in a couple hours today.

I'm using a 421 and i5 on the cab live, with a Schecter Hellraiser EMG81's. I'm also recording with the PodXT simultaneously and blending in some of that with impulses.

Just got this new setup on and working. As well as a straight out sexy desk. Check out the pictures on the page as well.

I've been an avid view of the forums and learned practically everything i know from here so i'm curious to hear reviews from people i know.

:kickass:

Studio's lookin good. Seems like you have a pretty high ceiling in that basement. Kudos.

The guitar tone is pretty nice, I would go with a little carving in the mids and a slight presence boost. I think this could all be fixed with mic placement though.

I'm assuming you run a stereo 6505+ rig live :heh:

The drums definitely need a little more body and some parallel comp. How long have you been recording for?

Studio's lookin good. Seems like you have a pretty high ceiling in that basement. Kudos.

The guitar tone is pretty nice, I would go with a little carving in the mids and a slight presence boost. I think this could all be fixed with mic placement though.

I'm assuming you run a stereo 6505+ rig live :heh:

The drums definitely need a little more body and some parallel comp. How long have you been recording for?

Yeah, the room is surprisingly nice. And no, the other 6505+ is my other guitarists'. Of course if i had the bills i would run myself in stereo, however.

And drums and such being just Superior 2.0 stuff and a replaced kick i didn't do much right off. RComp was next on my list for sure.

I've been recording since about 2005 (of course CRAPPY CRAPPY recording with cheap mics and a 2 track mixer on a mic input jack) since then upgrading and such since. Nothing with REAL recording until about a year ago. And that was still on Behringer stuff haha.

Are they M-Audio monitors? How do they sound?

Yeah, i got a real good deal on em. They are the M-Audio EX66's. It's 2 6" speakers in the came cab.

But the low end i get from them is absolutely amazing. Almost no coloring of sound that i can tell. It's hard cause mixing on those it sounds more then great, everywhere else it doesn't punch as much.