New Meshuggah track available

Torniojaws

They call me Juha
May 15, 2005
Espoo, Finland
www.vortechmusic.com
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=9813014&blogID=346309651

They're playing it there on the radio. It's a very nice song so far, sounds very much Chaosphere-like - just like I like it :headbang:

Btw the mp3 stream doesn't work, but the Windows Media does, at least for me. Edit: Bah, the WM thing only plays a loop of an advertisement.

You can download a poor quality rip of the song here:
http://rs237.rapidshare.com/files/83123383/M_B_W_R_2008_by_nolife_killthemusica.blogspot.com.rar

that .rar file doesn't work. I changed the name of the file to see if it would work, but it still doesn't recognize it. What's the deal?

ok, for some reason I fucked up the first time...I just listened to the song...HOLY FUCK THIS IS GOING TO BE GOOD

Very cool song, though I could hardly stand the constant high-pitched noise throughout the song :erk:

This is one of the best songs I've heard since the Destroy Erase Improve album. It's about fucking time. I can't wait to hear this at full resolution.

I'm absolutely loving this song, but am I the only one who finds it a bit 'straightforward' as far as Meshuggah songs go?

i think it sounds straightforward as well, but not in a bad way. I think the whole "prog/tech metal" thing has been pushed to the brink, and is getting to be stale (the opposite of what true progression should be). Meshuggah is just doing what they do best. Actually this track kind of makes me think of decapitated.

Actually this track kind of makes me think of decapitated.

If you sped it up 200%, cranked the high end by about 20dB & involved more than two notes in the riffs then yeah I reckon there could be similarities :loco:

Not sure what to make of the track so far. Sounds like it'll be a solid album to pass some time with, but I'll allow myself to hear the entire thing before I draw parallels to DEI & Chaosphere. Doesn't help that I can still hear that terrible POD rhythm guitar sound even through the bad rip quality (unless I'm mistaken.. but in either case, not a fan of that sound).