New Meshuggah track available

Try to play the opening rhythm and realise it isn't straight forward at all. However what they have achieved is writing extremely complicated music which is easy to listen to, which Catch 33 definitely wasn't.

I'm still up in the air. I does have that Chaosphere vibe, only with a better sound to it. Which, don't get me wrong, I enjoy Chaospere, its just that I still long for the days of Destroy, Erase, Improve. But, it does sound like its going on the right track to Meshuggah's statement of taking things going back a couple years and getting even more aggressive than usual. I'm just hoping the rest of the album offers more variety, which I'm sure it will. Maybe their secretly going for a mix of some tracks being like Chaosphere, and some with a Destroy, Erase, Improve vibe. Can't wait. And the prog/tech thing can never be pushed to the brink. Their can be bands around who do it by the numbers, but with any style of music, theirs constantly bands changing it around and making it new and fresh. Hell, people where saying Jazz was dead when it was alive and well. :headbang:

I really like this, Chaosphere is my favorite album so this sounds promising! I never got into Nothings "bing bang bong bing bang BOOONG (repeat 30times)"

Great song!

But am i the only one that thinks the compression/mix fatigues the ears quite a bit?.. i miss quite some mid in that mix.

I think that has to do with it being a rip from Web radio...if its like traditional radio, they usually have limiters over all the songs, to make them EVEN louder, and use use EQ to hype up the highs and lows

But am i the only one that thinks the compression/mix fatigues the ears quite a bit?.. i miss quite some mid in that mix.

I don't think the song is 1:1 to the original. It sounds like there's been done post-mastering compression and EQing to it, either by the radio station or the guy who ripped the song - either intentionally or inadvertly through the method with which he recorded it (built-in limiters on sound cards etc).

yeah, i think you guys are right.. it really sounds too compressed and scooped, they should probably release a better, nicer sounding version soon then.

I don't think the song is 1:1 to the original. It sounds like there's been done post-mastering compression and EQing to it, either by the radio station or the guy who ripped the song - either intentionally or inadvertly through the method with which he recorded it (built-in limiters on sound cards etc).

Considering how loud the clean bit is compared to the rest of the song, yeah... might be the case. ;)