New Metallica Song

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=103278

So has any one heard this yet?

IMO, it's actually not too bad...definitely TOO long, but eh, oh well, they'll never learn. They're kinda like the Sean Connery of metal now...they just like to hear themselves play...but say nothing of substance. :lol:

Also, if I think of it as a new band with a so-so singer, I like it a LOT more than thinking of it as a Metallica song. ;)

I did listen to it yesterday, with hesitation. The first half sounded like a rehashing of older Metallica tunes. I will say that Hetfield's voice sounds a bit better than it has been. I dunno, it just wasn't grabbing me much.

I liked it until he started singing. It had so much potential. If another band covered it and raised the brutality up to 11 id like it.
Its a bit heavier then say the other stuff theyve done but Cyanide to me is them trying to be like Motorhead. which they fail at miserably imo.
so far ive listened to 2 songs right now the standing is 1 song i hate and 1 song that i could like someday.