New mix n' mast (ex-Sumerian band)

Mind sharing DI's when it's realeased? It always nice to mix really good professional sounding DI's imo :)

Sounds awesome through the mono speaker of my phone.. Gonna relisten on my monitors later :)

Edit: Fuck, this sounds huge! Did you do any stereo image processing?

Sounds awesome through the mono speaker of my phone.. Gonna relisten on my monitors later :)

Edit: Fuck, this sounds huge! Did you do any stereo image processing?

Thanks a lot man! I did not, however I use an imager on the lead guitars to widen them a little (but there aren't any leads in this little clip here)

I used to have these HUGE plug-in chains for each track, in effort to mask a mediocre tone, which wound up just screwing everything up. It may sound funny (considering how compressed the style needs to be) but I find that people take the compression too far or aren't using it properly. I constantly hear mixes on here where the snare sounds like it's in a subway tunnel. I use samples over the drums yes, but i don't do any further compression on the snare or kick (unless for some reason it really needs it). You have to consider the master when dealing with compression in the mix you know?

My recent approach is to be somewhat minimal in treating the sounds.

Finding a good tone that speaks for itself and then just shelling out frequencies to get it to sit where I want in the mix.

DAMN. Mind going into some details on that Axe-Fx patch? Also, did you use Standard/Ultra/2?

DAMN. Mind going into some details on that Axe-Fx patch? Also, did you use Standard/Ultra/2?

Axe-fx Ultra. When I use the axe-fx I make sure to treat it like what it's supposed to be an AMP haha. I like to keep it simple and model it after a rig i'd use live.

Ibanez tube screamer (or Maxon 808) Then the Peavy head (I have a 6505 +) and i try and find the sound of an orange cab. Previously, I would use a ton of compressors and Eq's inside of the axe-fx but that just led to an over-processed / fake sound. Real amps don't have all that, the best sounds come from real rigs, so why not emulate that when using the axe-fx!

I like the CALI cab a lot in the ultra

Sounds sweet !!!

Played with those guys in November in Finland , they're tight . Shame they're not on sumerian anymore !