New mix of my band's EP

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
Haven't posted anything for a while so here's a new mix after a small PC upgrade :)

http://cmusicforum.com/sw/AloneWeDie_new.mp3

It's amazing how people can get used to things that are absolutely annoying...Until recently I've been mixing on a pc with an 800mhz Duron and 512mb ram :lol: I couldn't even use some plugins because it didn't support SSE :loco:

So, anyway, I think this mix came out significantly better than the older ones :) I found the URS plugins and Altiverb pretty useful, Waves ssl is not bad also, I guess. Tell me how the mix sounds to you :) Thanks.

Bass is a 5 string yamaha -> Behringer BDI21 ->Guitar Rig 2. Unfortunately, the output of the bass guitar was really low for some reason (I guess we should have raised the pickups a bit) and the strings hadn't been replaced for ages so high end meant a lot of unpleasant noise. It turned out decent though :) I compressed it a lot, in guitar rig I used the SV and some cab with a condenser on the horn. The snare is a mix between an Ez drummer one (I think it was the piccolo) and Andy's sample. I've added the 12-band URS eq, Waves ssl comp, and Nomad Factory 3b maximizer.

Cool sounds man!

Reminds of gojira quite a bit... really in your face, maybe too much even! haha..

Very nice!

Thanks a lot :) I just heard Gojira and I totally like them. The production as well. I have to admit it's significantly better than our, actually. Very cool band :)