New mix, second time attempt at drums.

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
So did another song with real drums (although still decided to replace the kick).

Wanted to get your thoughts. Drumset was the same kit as the other song. Band was young not so tight but at least I didn't have to deal with 2 guitarists :puke: .

Wanting input on the vocals anything you love hate (the mix not the singer :lol:). How the drums are sitting anything you disagree/agree agree with.

I can also post screenshots of eq and plugs used cause I really sould love some input as far as that goes (my uber nooob skillz).

Thanks!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=593338 "Dead Rising"

P.S. I to think the intro is kind of well... :erk: but it is what they wanted.

i think what really grabbed my attention is the bands un tightness and its killing it for me.

I think the kick sounds pretty sweet!! Snare sounds with like what sound i keep coming up with and i don't like but maybe actually yours sounds a bit better.. yea it actually does now that i listen again!!

You mix any samples in with snare? and what samples you use with kick??

I'm trying to mix samples and everything and I'm just not getting snare tone i like yet. I def think this mix is getting better on drums and keep at it forsure!!

Got any pics of setup?? those are always fun to see:headbang:

Unfortunatly I do not have pics :erk: I forgot to take some again. The snare is 100% all natural. There is no kick left, it was so sloppy I had to can it. Yes it is unfortunate that the band is so sloppy but I aint gonna go out of my way to make major changes for the $100 I got to do it.

Lets see I used the waves q10 for the drums actually all of them and the C4 on the toms, and snare. I also threw a limiter on the top snare (PSP vintage warmer). There is still that "ring" but it isn't as insane as the last recording.

A little info on the setup:

Same mics as the last time:
Audix fusion, sm57 and e609

Drums:
I had it wrong the last time the snare is actually a mapex pro series maple shell snare. The thing sounds great but the owner of the set doesn't like to use remo rings :mad: so it rings like a mofucka.

Drums are also mapex maple shells. Cymbols are ziljian effects 14" china, Ziljian z custom hi hats, One ziljian A custom crash and one Avedis crash, The ride was also an A custom.

I could post some pics of the C4 and Q10 settings on the snare if you like (also just so people could give some input on what I did wrong as I am a serious newb).