New MORTAL KOMBAT game announced! Back to its 2D MKII roots!

I loved the mk series on snes i remember playing those games when i was 5 and my mom had no idea the amount of violence and blood that was in those game's. if she did i probably would of never gotten a chance to play them and love them so much.

I loved the mk series on snes i remember playing those games when i was 5 and my mom had no idea the amount of violence and blood that was in those game's. if she did i probably would of never gotten a chance to play them and love them so much.

:yow: When you were 5?!? What? Fuck, I feel old. Thanks.

and you're wondering about us. hit up the MkOnline and TRMK forums... 98% started to play MK when they were 10. And I'm not talking about MKII. They started with Deadly Alliance or even later. That's young. And that's why I will never sign to these forums. "Lulz sexuality would be uber duper nice lulz eins !!!11!1"

For those of you worried that this new MK game isn't going to be bloody... here's some footage (albeit poor quality) from the E3 event this week where some of the new MK 9 gameplay was debuted.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9yDOCoEI3Q&feature=related[/ame]
Also, all of interviews I've been reading from vendors and spectators that saw everything in the MK booth are pretty much saying the same thing: if you liked the original first few games from the series, you'll love this one. It's a lot more hardcore and has returned to the bloody gritty roots that started MK. YES!!!! Somehow 2011 can't come fast enough. :-\

For those of you worried that this new MK game isn't going to be bloody... here's some footage (albeit poor quality) from the E3 event this week where some of the new MK 9 gameplay was debuted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9yDOCoEI3Q&feature=related
Also, all of interviews I've been reading from vendors and spectators that saw everything in the MK booth are pretty much saying the same thing: if you liked the original first few games from the series, you'll love this one. It's a lot more hardcore and has returned to the bloody gritty roots that started MK. YES!!!! Somehow 2011 can't come fast enough. :-

Wow, these fatalities look VERY good. I hope they make the input commands standard for all the characters or really simple like it was on MK1. After MK1 they started making fatalities commands more and more complex, as if they didn´t want you to do or remember them. I know by heart all the commands from the first one, the other games I only know three or four fatalities, and ending a MK match without fatality is just lame.

I don´t buy into this "back to the roots" shit simply because MK plays this card for EVERY release. Just search for the "previews" of previous MK games, they´re always saying the same shit over and over again and never deliver. From the videos I´m 99% sure that in terms of gameplay MK9 feels exactly like MK vs DC.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ what he said. Looks alright but even if they tried they can't capture the old magic again , they might as well just do something that is both new and cool

not too hopeful about this
modern fighting games are too fast for my liking, and too based around combos and not letting your opponent get a single hit in because you're too busy battering them whereas the older stuff is more about timing, finesse and knowing what move to use at what time.
i guess its a matter of taste, but if ima play some mortal kombat, its gonna be MK2 all the way for me ^_^
this looks nice and gory at least though :D

+1 to everything you said ma niggah!