New Mudvayne or Judas Priest ?

Thrash fiend said:
Your fucking right my frined about slayer live!!hmmm well I enjoyed diabolous and god hates us all but they wernt classic slayer by any strech of the imagination but I think both had small moments of greatness....but then again when it comes to slayer you want the whole album to be mindblowing because that is what theyre capable of!! And also I think the new album will be cool cos DAVE IS BACK!! and jeff is doing an acousticy intro for one of the songs which will be awesome!...but i doubt we will see the album for another year cos those guys never stop touring! :headbang:

Exactly man. I guess I have high standards for Slayer. As a fan, I expect the entire album to kick ass. Like you said, they are capable of doing it! I could be wrong, but I heard that Jeff was doing the majority of the songwriting on the new album. Obviously Lombardo's back, so hopefully that inspires Tom, Kerry, and Jeff to play more thrash on the new one.

Damn staright man!! And overall i rate Hanneman alot more than king as he has written the classics and his lyrics are jsut plain insane!!! King gets most credit but he did all of the lyrics for god hates us all and as you sayd,thats what let it down......I still the disciple is classic though!

Thrash fiend said:
Damn staright man!! And overall i rate Hanneman alot more than king as he has written the classics and his lyrics are jsut plain insane!!! King gets most credit but he did all of the lyrics for god hates us all and as you sayd,thats what let it down......I still the disciple is classic though!

It's fucking hard for me to choose who I like better between Jeff and Kerry. You're right that Jeff has written a lot of Slayer's classic tunes, but Kerry has written the majority of my favourite Slayer songs. I gotta go with Mr. King even though I think his songwriting has gone down the shitter in recent years. Imo Kerry's songwriting is influenced way too much by Slipknot and other nu metal bands. Imo the only reason GHUA was praised/got good reviews at all was because it was a Slayer album. Imo it was nothing more than generic nu metal, with Slayer style leads, and a couple good riffs here and there. Imo Kerry/Slayer can do better than that. MUCH better.