New Opeth album cover

Brooks

Eyes Wide Open
Nov 15, 2001
Bay Area, California
skloid.blogspot.com
I hope the vinyl comes pre-worn, straight from the Goodwill bin.

XoLiL.jpg

this is ridiculous and I love it. It would look like a Rush/Genesis/Yes etc album cover if not for their faces being in the tree, which is just totally over the top. I heard a rumor a while ago that this wasn't going to be a metal album, which would seem to fit with the art. I wonder if it's going to be a total 70's prog throwback, with a bunch of songs like Burden. Regardless, I'm interested.

Super cool shit for a super cool band. I like it. Makes me think the band is going crazy, which is usually always a good thing musically.

Love it! As someone already said, it is a throwback to the 70's prog album art, and it should be interesting to hear how the music relates. Love this band.

Opython

I thought the thread starter had photoshopped it, seriously. Upon realizing it wasn't so I became confused, but I grew to like it. Change isn't necessarily bad. Keep an open mind. I'm a 70s prog fan as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it alot. One thing I respect about Mikael is that he'll always be a prog-head...even if it's popularity has worn down the past couple of years.