New Opeth album cover.

It's a good cover for what it will probably be (prog rock worship), but if this cover was released with any of their older "metal" records, it would be unacceptable. But yea, people laughing at this cover obviously haven't seen many prog album covers in their lifetime.

Even though the cover seems out of place compared to their other ones I'm still really excited to hear this. The cover isn't bad just different is all.

saw this posted on reddit. someone said it's supposed to be an homage to 70s prog album covers...whatever it is, it looks like shit to me

That's exactly what I thought of. Ackerfeldt loves the shit out of Camel and Uriah Heep, who's album covers are just as bad as that thing. Thisis the best opeth album cover, imo:

opeth_morningrise.jpg

Oh yeah, and Ghost Reveries was pretty good, too:

opeth-ghost_reveries.jpg

The cover reflects what has happened to this band: they are a parody of what they once were. After SL, Opeth has been consistently pathetic.

I think they made a good choice in cover, since people are talking about how ridiculous it is... If it were the usual photomanipulation, it wouldn't get much attention from this early on.

Anyway, the cover doesn't matter, as long as the music is good.

I think the cover looks pretty awesome. Everything about it is just the weirdness and unpredictability that comes with Opeth.

YEAH MAAAAN. SO PROOOOOG MAAAAN, I'M SOOOO 70S MAAAAN.

This was okay about 5-6 years ago, not now. Please, fuck off with this shit and disband already.