New Opeth Box-set: The Candlelight Years

I registered just to reply for this thread... but I'm friends with guys at my local record store spesialized in metal, so I already got this. Isn't the official release date about in two weeks or so?

The thing is that this box is a Japan release so all text in the booklet is in japan, but the first one and half pages of the booklet is some kind of talk about Opeth and I'm curious about what it's saying. So, I was just wondering if there is someone who could translate that part, I can scan them if there is someone with skill in japanese.

Btw the artwork in package is really awesome :lol:

Goddammit!
I've alread gotta buy Still Life again, and now this!

Eh well I'd only be buying it for the artwork. Maybe if they re-release My Arms, Your Hearse with 5.1 and fuckloads of sexy artwork like they did with Still Life, then I'd totally be there.

candle1mi9.jpg

Well here's the cover I scanned for iPod. It's not best possible quality but... I'll post rest of the artwork when I find some time to do it.

Sorry if I missed anything, but I didn't read the whole thread... My friend was in Japan a few days ago and bought the set for me. What other countries is this released in? And is it true that there will only be 2,000 copies of it?

I bought it in a recordstore yesterday and it said on the sticker 2000 copies only and that there is only a japan release.

So, the liner notes and such are japanese? Limited to 2000 only?! Pictures? :)

Yep the liner notes are in japanese.

From cdon:

"Info:
Ltd edition special version of the first three classic Opeth albums packaged together for the first time in a beautiful digi box set.

Limited edition of 2000 copies worldwide

Contains the first three Opeth albums in a luxurious digi sleeve "

The booklet is just a dozen pages or so, all in japanese text like this:

The rest of the artwork is really awesome.
I didn't scan'em in very high res, sorry :)

The remark he made was not offensive, so don't go defend yourself ... he made a very good point, I'm surprised myself how many people on this forum don't own those albums yet! An occasional new opeth fan is normal, but so many ...
I kind of thought owning all their albums is basic around here.
As soon as I became a fan I bought every CD they had at the time (Deliverance was their new release). I actually became a fan after hearing a co-worker playing "Forest of October" on his PC. Im like "Who are they? These guys sound pretty good." I went out and bought Orchid, Still Life, BWP, and Deliverance that day on the way home. I was amazed at how different all the records were from each other. Well then after an internet search to find what other releases they had I bought MAYH, and Morningrise online. I was thinkin :worship: these guys effin pwn! The rest if history.

Should I buy this thing as it's so cheap, or should I look for all the albums separately? (because it seems the bonus songs kill the albums (almost atleast))

(And do the albums have (easy to find) remastered versions, which don't have the bonus songs?)