New Opeth song from upcoming album

And Butt, yes we should!

Butt and nephelim going for a beer

black-metal-suburbia1.jpg

UA needs to just take his extra chromosome elsewhere. It's obvious nobody here enjoys his posts, so why even bother.

Not to mention he literally has the shittiest taste of anyone I've ever encountered online. Shittier than this one guy on another board who said avenged Sevenfold were the saviors of metal. Get fucked.

UA, can you please not post the biggest fucking picture on the entire internet?

Yelloweyedemon and his/her pals:
nitro512.jpg

It's funny because the guitarist from that band alone (Michael Angelo Batio) has more talent than the whole black metal genre combined together.

I didn't like Heritage and this new track is very much what I was expecting them to do while following along the same path. Didn't like it and found it quite boring.

I'd go as both a black metal fantatic wielding a bat'Leth and as a coked-up glam metal wannabe. Both are fucking awesome.

I like glam as much as the next guy. I may be a vocalist soon for a local parody glam band. I'm just fucking with him since he's so damn stupid.

But to hate on black metal, and then claim glam is some form of higher art, is seriously seventeen shades of the gayest gay known to man.

Black metal is fantastic. It creates an atmosphere and feeling that no other genre can touch. To me, atmosphere and feeling are two of the most important aspects of the music I listen to.

If you don't get into it, that's your loss, I guess.

If you wanna bash on a genre, don't find the most talented people in it. Dee Snider's voice was and still is phenomenal, Twisted Sister is still considered to be among the top metal/hard rock bands ever existed.

Also T.S. is not even a glam band. Their apperance was so shocking/overkill because they made fun of the 80's fashion.

No, actually, that would be Linkin Park.

1398963141526.jpg

On a serious note, that's cool, but bashing other genres like folk,power,glam etc because you only like death/black is another thing.

If you wanna bash on a genre, don't find the most talented people in it. Dee Snider's voice was and still is phenomenal, Twisted Sister is still considered to be among the top metal/hard rock bands ever existed.

Also T.S. is not even a glam band. Their apperance was so shocking/overkill because they made fun of the 80's fashion.

1398963141526.jpg

On a serious note, that's cool, but bashing other genres like folk,power,glam etc because you only like death/black is another thing.

A) I'm fucking with you, dick dummy.

B) You are doing the exact same now. Bashing a genre you know nothing about with obscene blanket statements. You've been a troll since you came here. Are you retarded?

Black metal is fantastic. It creates an atmosphere and feeling that no other genre can touch. To me, atmosphere and feeling are two of the most important aspects of the music I listen to.

Haha, we would expect you to find Black Metal fantastic, what with the picture of Immortal and whatnot.. :cool:

Haven't given the rest of the catalogue a listen yet. Actually I did hear Blackwater Park and I do remember enjoying it. I figure I'll get to the rest of their albums eventually.

Earlier tonight "Eternal Rains Will Come" appeared on YouTube. It vanished, and now someone else re-uploaded it.

I'm a strong believer in that it's been a shit period since D&D. I have written off GR, WS and Heritage. To me frankly, those three records were absolute garbage did nothing but damage the Opeth legacy.

This new material though, has me stunned. Whatever research Akerfeldt has done has finally galvanised into something very cohesive and of high standard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-tsp9ItY-g

As for the lack of growls... whatever. I'm all for change, but for fucks sake Mikael, produce something decent or just go solo.

So... I personally feel that this new record - going off the impressions of this new song - could be the best thing Mikael has written since Still Life.

Very promising. I guess we'll find out soon enough. This song is incredible.

I am holding out till the album comes out but am glad to hear you say good things. I love everything up to Watershed with GR being my favorite album of any band.

This, exactly. I am always fascinated how polarizing Opeth releases are for their fans. (sorry Draele, I used polarize before I saw you had as well!)

I love each Opeth album on its own merit, not holding it up against what I think it is supposed to be based on their last album, or previous albums in general. I can't think of many (any??) bands that can write and release such a spectrum of material spanning across so many genres, and do it in a way that still produces top notch song writing and compositions.

I can sit down with Heritage and Watershed for days on end, despite being completely different styles, just listening to the amazing songwriting and musicianship.

Maybe it's because I like and appreciate many genres of music outside of death/black or whatever you lump old Opeth into. Who knows. I just know it kicks ass, and the new one sounds like it will be continuing the streak!

I hated Heritage, but Watershed is brilliant. Hopefully Akerfeldt remembers how to write great songs on the new album. That's been the issue lately with them. Overall, Opeth is perfect for someone who wants more than generic death metal.

EDIT: Actually, couldn't resist. New track is fucking great. Hopefully they do bring some death growls back though.

Mathiäs;10861072 said:
Hopefully they do bring some death growls back though.

I'd like to hear them too but I don't think this is going to happen - they're on a different direction now.

I'm on a slow trip through their back catalogue (haven't heard their earlier albums) - up to Blackwater Park and so far it's hard to pick a best album they're all so good. Heritage is at the bottom though.