New Orchestral Tune (intro for my band)

This is amazing.
I love everything going on here.

However, it's a little long. The audience may start to get bored. After about 2:08, it starts to sound like an intermission to a movie.

BUT,
Depending on what type of band you have, the build-up at from about 1:50 to 2:08 or so is EXCELLENT.

Personally, I would cut it, right there, and BAM, there's your next song, right after the high keys.

More details on your band?

well for live situations i might cut out some parts of the middle to keep it down to 2 minutes, but this is more about the buildup than the length, but for the EP, it really doesn't matter

I just realized you have a myspace link in your signature, and I checked out your band. Very cool stuff.

I'm confused on the lack of vocals, or do you have no vocals?

Again, I would definitely cut the intro at 2:08, or wherever the buildup ends, and go right into a song like "For All Life To Seize". It would be very epic. :)

PS - I'm surprised you don't have "Winds Of Plague" under your influences. They are definitely a different style, but they have a good amount of strings and such in their songs.

I love the music though.

PSS - I think you may have a limiter on the master bus of some of your recordings? It's causing the levels to drop occasionally throughout the song. Just something I noticed!

Cheers.

we don't have a vocalist yet, its quite difficult finding a clean vocalist among a local scene that all metal consists of Death Metal bands trying to rip off Cabibal Corpse.

Everyone always tries to point me in the way of Winds of Plague, or compares us to them, though I do not see the connection and i am not a big fan.

About the limiter, I only use G-Clip to take of the extreme transents to get maximum volume, where are you listening to the music, soundclick or myspace?

Oh, your music is definitely more developed and tasteful than Winds of Plague, but you DO both share the "epic factor", as I like to call it. And it's a compliment, so don't take it as negativity. :)

I was listening to it on myspace, so it might just be myspace's shitty compressor.

And yeah, clean vocalists are very hard to find.

I could see a "Coheed & Cambria" type vocalist fit your style.
However, probably a lower pitch.

thats was my whole problem with WoP, bunch of white guys dressing black or hardcor with the stage presence of a rapper. Sounds like hardcore with orhcestral sounds here and there. No way for me to take it negatively, as they have a popularity for somer eason, people like them, so comparing anything I write to a band that has worldwide success is a compliment, even if the band isn't what I am into, as I in no why hate them, its just not my thing.

We are actaully looking into a sound that like a melodic version of kurt cobain or layne stayley. Among the metal vocalits that really have my ear are tom englund, Mikkel Sandager, Roy Khan, Matt Heaffy etc etc. So somebody who give off that kind of atmosphere to the sound of the music.

yup Symphonic Instrument, little eq on the master bus (just a slight high roll of at 12k and a slight boost at 10k) to remove some ari and add presence.