New Ozzy "Prince of Darkness" box

carnut

\m/
Apr 29, 2004
Helgium
Enough of the Osbourne's TV junk, back to the thing that Ozzy does best: making music. On March 22nd a new box called "Prince of Darkness" will appear with 2 CD's of his most famous songs remastered. The 3th CD "Odities an Duets" will have stuff with other musicians (god beware he didn't put on a duett with that ugly duckling of him). The 4th "Under Covers" will have only covers done by Ozzy. As a little teaser here's a sample of Mississipi Queen from Mountain.
http://rope.zfmq.fimc.net/afamusic/ozzy_miss56.ram

Agreed. I've got no use for the greatest hits portion of the set, and the Ozzy cover songs would be a curiosity, but I don't see it as something that I'd want to listen to more than once.

Be warned, there are some really horrible songs on that box set:

1. The Ozzy / Kim Bassinger / "Was not Was" song on that set... god that was a horrible piece of crap that song is!

2. Ozzy & Kelly Osbourne singing Changes. Blasphemy.

3. Ozzy & Miss Piggy. Puke.

Can't comment on the Ozzy & Wu-Tang Clan songs, since I haven't heard 'em... but I wouldn't have real high expectations.

wdiv said:
Agreed. I've got no use for the greatest hits portion of the set, and the Ozzy cover songs would be a curiosity, but I don't see it as something that I'd want to listen to more than once.

Be warned, there are some really horrible songs on that box set:

1. The Ozzy / Kim Bassinger / "Was not Was" song on that set... god that was a horrible piece of crap that song is!

2. Ozzy & Kelly Osbourne singing Changes. Blasphemy.

3. Ozzy & Miss Piggy. Puke.

Can't comment on the Ozzy & Wu-Tang Clan songs, since I haven't heard 'em... but I wouldn't have real high expectations.

The Iron Man samples were used on the Wu-Tang track, I think.
Not my cup of tea...
Those three you listed could swing someone the other way & they could just pass on the set all together!
That is all shit isn't it?!

sixxswine said:
That's sacriligious! Ozzy butchering Mississippi Queen! Whos is playing on that?
Is it Zakk Wylde?

No idea who's playing on it....but I agree with you guys the duets CD will probably ruin the box...

carnut said:
No idea who's playing on it....but I agree with you guys the duets CD will probably ruin the box...

I predict that this box set will not sell very well and by the beginning of summer,
the label will be selling the covers record by it's self...
This item seems to be half assed & for the money. This clearly has to be the lamest box set since the KISS set from a couple of years ago...
All for the money!:tickled:

sixxswine said:
I predict that this box set will not sell very well and by the beginning of summer,
QUOTE]

That's what happened with the Iced Earth boxed set a couple years back wasn't it?.....

wdiv said:
sixxswine said:
QUOTE]

That's what happened with the Iced Earth boxed set a couple years back wasn't it?.....

Yes, the label issued the covers record on the box set as the band's contract was at it's end...
OZZY's with Epic/Sony is over & they'll rape his catalog for every penny they can get too!

I'm pretty sure that Zakk is playing on Mississippi Queen. I have a live mp3 of him in Pride & Glory covering that song and Zakk's guitar work is great. Anyway, I think I'm gonna skip buying this box set due to the fact that I have all of his album's already and most of those covers are crap.