New Paradise Lost sounding good (Jens Bogrens working his magic after all)

Decent song at best.

However that's not Anders. Unless he moved to Brazil that is ...

I don't really know what to think. I've read all the comments on their forum, and I must be the only PL fan that isn't completely satisfied with this. I like the intro, verses and solo, but it just feels like this song is missing something. Like all the emotional depth of their electronic phase has been stripped away in favor of sheer heaviness. Not that this is a bad song or anything - it's still growing on me. I just hope there's a bit more versatility when it comes to the rest of the album.

PL is still going very heavy these days..(years..really..butbut)
I'd also like them to calm a bit down...but well, this sounds promising. This seems to be more interesting than In Requiem...it's not as predictable..at least it doesn't seem like it. It also does offer something a bit fresh even if it still sounds a bit back-to-roots with the symbol of life twist (which means a bit of subtle electronic usage here und there)

I might be happy about this...

gawd..more people got to talk about this. I thought PL was a band that was well recognized within this community?
(yes, I too know this is a strange thing to say..but...I was hoping for more talk around this song..it's pretty neat)

I call upon the forum lurkers! I know you are there! ;)

I just don't wanna (and simply cannot) talk about it and speculate about it too much before I have had a few decent listens of the entire album. This new song is just a first impression of one song on the album. I also don't want to 'overplay' a single song too much before I can hear the whole album, I don't want to grow 'tired' of it by the time the album's out.

So, there you go ;)

I just don't wanna (and simply cannot) talk about it and speculate about it too much before I have had a few decent listens of the entire album. This new song is just a first impression of one song on the album. I also don't want to 'overplay' a single song too much before I can hear the whole album, I don't want to grow 'tired' of it by the time the album's out.

So, there you go ;)

haha, I hear ya..that's a very good thing. I do that too..."overplaying" is dangerous. It's pretty much why I can never buy a single. It's totally pointless..if you're not a collector that is.

But yes..made ya talk! :p ;-)

Cover art of the new album:

paradise_lost_faith_divides_us.jpg

yeh, i meant many bands seem to use it nowadays

seen it somewhere else too, cant remember what band exactly

I agree, but only a bit...cause I'm pretty sure I've seen a bunch of goth and black metal bands many years ago who used art like this too. I didn't know it's a thing that is "inn" right now, but you might be right.

It's odd however how dark PL tend to make their covers these days. It's very grey and black...black metallish really. Sure, it's fitting..but when I look at covers like Draconian Times..that's really..something. They don't make'em like that anymore :p