New Paradise Lost sounding good (Jens Bogrens working his magic after all)

Ok, doesn't change anything really. My answer would be pretty much the same either way. :)

Not everything with autotuner sounds as extreme as that video you posted.
The part I thought sounded strange was the first words around 0:17-0.19, and 02:35-03:00 in FDUDUU.
Again, not saying I think they did use one, it just sounded weird.
I put my headphones on and it wasnt as bad, i guess the bad quality added to it.

Not everything with autotuner sounds as extreme as that video you posted.
The part I thought sounded strange was the first words around 0:17-0.19, and 02:35-03:00 in FDUDUU.
Again, not saying I think they did use one, it just sounded weird.
I put my headphones on and it wasnt as bad, i guess the bad quality added to it.

Yea, you're right about that. I'll check it out when I get the time. Nice that you entered the time stamps.

One of the more vague reasons I have for believing in them not using the auto tuner is that I really don't think the PL guys could live with using a auto tuner, they are too...well, down to earth kinda guys who don't like fake stuff (well, that's how I perceive them..I have been wrong before though). That and the fact that Nick often sings out of tune live..or at least used to. uh oh! ;)

And yea..the myspace quality is often horrible.
If you listen to the video interview with PL on the top left the sound is way better..but of course, you don't get to hear a whole song...

Didnt like TGC production, didnt like this. Bogrens productions sounds so damn softwarized it's scary. High hopes for Castillo taking a different direction with tNitND.

Didnt like TGC production, didnt like this. Bogrens productions sounds so damn softwarized it's scary. High hopes for Castillo taking a different direction with tNitND.

What's the problem with it being sofwareized? I fail to see the problem when the whole point of an album is how it sounds. I guess you don't like anything synth related?
I can understand the problem when you want to hear the same thing when they play it live..but even then it's no problem for me at least..cause live is a totally differen't no matter what. Sounds like a sound engineer problem. I don't like listening to metal in general live anymore..butbut.

You're far from alone about not liking the sound as I've seen on other forums how some dislike it. I would like to hear what productions you do like? Albums that stand out in particular I mean. It would be interesting to hear.

TGCD had by far the best production values of any of the Kata cds. I like to hear my music crystal clear. Just an fyi to mini, there are also analog synths.

TGCD had by far the best production values of any of the Kata cds. I like to hear my music crystal clear. Just an fyi to mini, there are also analog synths.

Of course there are. I just don't care much if they're analog or digital. It's all good if it's used right.

I love the sound of TGCD. It is the only reason I've started thinking about getting a real sound system. I want to hear it with true 5.1.
I'm far from a sound freak, but this cd sparked the interest to some degree.

I just don't care much if they're analog or digital.

I'm with you on that one. Digital is here to stay.

If I had my way keys would be as standard as guitar/bass/drums in the modern band format. There's no better way to fill out a band sound imo.

btw..new video.

Actually..a pretty rough video. Not much happening, but the girl plays well.

I'm with you on that one. Digital is here to stay.

If I had my way keys would be as standard as guitar/bass/drums in the modern band format. There's no better way to fill out a band sound imo.

Agreed!

Last edited by a moderator:
That had to be quite possibly the worst video I've ever seen.

Hehe, well...it's pretty special. It doesn't quite work. The idea is very good in many ways, but that she sings the lyrics the whole way is NOT a good idea. It's very dramatic though...and the girl plays really well. I do agree with you though all in all...it just doesn't work. There's some small adjustments that would have made it way better.

Btw, you cannot have seen a lot of videos in the 80-90ties if you think this is a bad music video ;)

Personally I don't see the point in music videos most of the time. It's way more likely to kill a song than make it better. Very few have made a video that lifts the song upward...if you ask me.

The whole album streamed? Damn...not sure if I want to destroy the first cd listening...

Continuing in the de-progression since ST. Old school fans should be happy, but not I, not I.

S elf T itled. Get with the l i n g o, yo.

... On second thought, I forgive you. You're just not as learned as I. ;)

I really love the title track, Last Regret and In Truth. As Horizons End, The Rise Of Denial, Living With Scars and Universal Dream are also entertaining. However, I can't find any redeeming features in I Remain, First Light and Frailty. All in all, a decent record by one of my all time favorite bands. I still wish that they'd just give up on the metal and transition back to the more electronic sound that first got me interested in them, but reservations aside this is still a good album.

listened to most of it - some good ideas in parts but thought it was kind of boring. Good dynamics and the production is flawless but I still think something is lacking in the songwriting department.