New Paul Bostaph Interview w/ Metal Mayhem UK

Good interview.Funny how the guy keeps saying ten years since the last album.Almost...not quite!
I think Paul is a great drummer but I haven't heard any on TFOD that is as ferocious as The Gathering especially The beggining of
Riding The Snake.When Paul goes off it's really good but I thought there were a lot of songs on the new album that could have been beefed up in parts,a little more going on.

I think Paul's playing on album is great.

Implying its not as good as The Gathering is ridiculous b/c who can top Lombardo? That album was much heavier (overall) than TFOD. I think Paul's playing fit the songs well.

The drums on the Gathering are absolutly better.You make a good point about the Gathering being heavier.Thats actually what I mean.TFOD would have been a lot heavier if the drums had been pumped up.I just don't think he went all out.It's the sound of Demonic and the Gathering that has kept Testament going when others have bit the shit.I just find the drums on the Gathering much more fun to listen to.Make it as heavy as you can! that's why I'm into metal!