New Pharaoh Track

Everything is speaking in the mix where it needs to. Definitely an old school style production, and most importantly the performances are great!

Lord Lurion said:
Yeah! The singer is especially awesome! It must be such a breeze when there's good people at the other end of the mic.

Yeah, I generally hate power metal vocalists, and this guy rules! There's a raw aggression to these vocals that reminds me of Bruce Dickinson on "Number of the Beast," or early Dio/Rainbow, which is a very good thing. The power metal vocalists that I like generally have this quality to them.

Thanks for the comments. If it was up to me I would have given it a touch more of a modern sound, but I think this direction wound up being the better choice.

The singer is Tim Aymar who sang on the Control Denied album (Chuck S. from Death's PM band). Tim is a truly gifted vocalist, it's a shame that he wasn't able to finish the second Control Denied album before Chuck passed...

I recorded the whole album using my Mackie d8b and HDR. I dumped it into Pro Tools a week and a half ago when I got the system running, and have been learning as I go...

As for some of the topics that come up here a lot... the guitars are a EMG81 loaded Jackson V, a Mesa Road King and 5150, Marshall & Mesa cabs with v30 speakers, Analogman moded Tube Screamer, Royer 122 mic, Avalon Pre. The leads were recorded with the same mic and pre, but with a Soldano & ENGL in addition to the RK. The bass is Sans Amp bass driver and Avalon DI. Drums are D112(k), SM57(s), 421s(t), KM184s(OH). Neve pres on the toms, Avalon on the OH, and Avalon 737 on Kick and Snare. Vox are through a Nuemann tube and the Avalons. The kick and snare were replaced using drumagog with samples made for each song after each take.

The album should be out early next year (February, maybe?). It's on Cruz del Sur records.