New Power Quest Single - Bound for Glory 29/10/21

Respect for continuing to post on these forums despite their somewhat catatonic state :D

Bound for Glory sounds great! You've really nailed the production on this. The track itself is that late 90s/early 00s power metal that I used to love, and still do when it's done well. Guitar work and vocals in particular are stellar, the keys are well placed and not overbearing at any point. Drums and bass work well to keep the driving rhythm going throughout.

Genuinely sounds like it would slot into any pre-2008 PQ album perfectly. I burned out on Power Metal some time towards the late 2000s, so I think Master of Illusion was the last album I picked up from you guys. Still one of my favourites alongside Wings of Forever. Really cool to hear that you're still coming out with such high quality music. Hope that you've got more coming out soon, a Power Quest return alongside The Halo Effect's birth makes this a potentially great end to 2021!

Respect for continuing to post on these forums despite their somewhat catatonic state :D

Bound for Glory sounds great! You've really nailed the production on this. The track itself is that late 90s/early 00s power metal that I used to love, and still do when it's done well. Guitar work and vocals in particular are stellar, the keys are well placed and not overbearing at any point. Drums and bass work well to keep the driving rhythm going throughout.

Genuinely sounds like it would slot into any pre-2008 PQ album perfectly. I burned out on Power Metal some time towards the late 2000s, so I think Master of Illusion was the last album I picked up from you guys. Still one of my favourites alongside Wings of Forever. Really cool to hear that you're still coming out with such high quality music. Hope that you've got more coming out soon, a Power Quest return alongside The Halo Effect's birth makes this a potentially great end to 2021!

Thanks man....stay tuned for another single later this month. Think I can mention that here ;-) As for the future....we will have to see mate. As I've turned 50 recently there are other things I want to do musically and time is moving along at a rate of knots.

Thanks man....stay tuned for another single later this month. Think I can mention that here ;-) As for the future....we will have to see mate. As I've turned 50 recently there are other things I want to do musically and time is moving along at a rate of knots.

Nice, looking forward to hearing the next single!

I can understand wanting to branch out and try other things. If you're motivated to do more PQ then great, if not then there's plenty of other musical universes to turn your hand to. The worst thing, creatively, is to try and push through something you really aren't that motivated to do. Not saying that you feel that way about PQ, for the record, but sometimes trying something new helps light a bigger spark which can carry onto existing works as well.

Totally hear you man! It's one thing if it's your livelihood and doing something different musically might affect income and so on. Of course I'm not in that position but turning 50 last year has made me realise I need to look forward not back as well and there's less time left than already had ;-) [

QUOTE="DE4life, post: 12236863, member: 88225"]Nice, looking forward to hearing the next single!

I can understand wanting to branch out and try other things. If you're motivated to do more PQ then great, if not then there's plenty of other musical universes to turn your hand to. The worst thing, creatively, is to try and push through something you really aren't that motivated to do. Not saying that you feel that way about PQ, for the record, but sometimes trying something new helps light a bigger spark which can carry onto existing works as well.[/QUOTE]