New Projects Page

Medsy

Major Rager...!
Apr 17, 2001
Adelaide,Australia
Visit site
Hey all...

Well....now that drums may no longer by as much as a setback as it has been of late.... i guess like i said before the sky is the limit for new songs.....

The hard part is gonna be deciding on projects to collaborate on as i guess all of our tastes are different and we all have favourites wed like to do....Anyways...these are the ones im deciding from....

To live is to die - Metallica ( will do next as a solo project )
Sweet Child or paradise city - GNR ( hard to sing...but good music and its hard )
Breadfan - Metallica cover
Harvester of sorrow - metallica
Welcome home Sanitarium - ( Most likely will do )
My friend of misery - metallica ( Bass heavy... ;) )
Primal scream - Motley Crue ( Somethin different...great song )

Im still open for maiden..... but most of my favs have been done already.... Evil men do.... a good one though...phantom maybe...

So....anyone out there dig these bands and tunes.....???? Of course im open to anything.....

7th son and jim..... can u sing these....?? Do u like these...??? What do u guys like......???

Same for all the other guys...

I used to know 'Appetite...' from beginning to end, so I could help out there. :) Sanitarium or Misery I used to know also, so I could do those as well. :)

Remember though, that I won't be able to record anything until my Nightbass unit comes back from the factory. Probably in a couple of weeks. :(

If you want to decide on a tune or two in the meantime, I can use my Ampeg head to rehearse them until the Nightbass comes back. :cool:

No probs about the orion track ec...ill send u one bit at a time.... :)

Cool..... make it welcome home sanitarium if u wanna do the bass......

Ill program the drum track asap..... ill let u know when its done and send it over....give me a week or so.....

Medsy - Two things:

1. I listened to your Orion Mix. Good stuff. Great guitar work. There is a good amount of 'hiss' on the track. This brings the quality down some. I've never heard it on your tracks before. Is this a by-product of the way you incorporated the Sonar tracks? I hope not..otherwise the midi bass/drums/keyboards don't sound bad at all. You can still tell they are fake..but certainly it does not detract from you guitar work. I wish the bass drum sounded a bit more 'bassy'..but that may be fixable through EQ?

2. I'll play anthing that has a guitar to it - except country music. Certainly Metallica tunes will lend itself to two guitar players a bit more than Guns and Roses. You'll have to take all the solo's though..I don't know many Hammet solo's..if any. :p How about Master of Puppets? I love that song. Nice and challenging too!

Jim wants to do Queensryche. Maybe once i get into this Sonar thing, I'll program that..and lay down tracks for him. 7th wants to do some priest. Maybe its time to start looking at their catalog as well. :D

..anybody else reading this thread..if you want to hear Medsy's Orion, let me know. I'll mail it. Good stuff.

thanx for the kind words rabs.....

I looked into the hiss...... When i playback the midi tracks in midi format with sonar...there is no hiss at all.......But when i played back the n-track mix with the midi track in wave format...mega hiss....!!!! Gonna have to look for another way of converting the midi track to wave file.....

Most of the hiss in orion is coming from the drum track in particular...... Some from the bass in pt 1 and 3.....cause i had to boost the trebles to give the bass some cut..... the quiet part in the middle is flat and the hiss is very low there on the bass.......but drums throughout is an issue.....

Ill have a play around and see what i can do.....

On higher level soundcards u can change the midi ' font ' and get a more real sounding sample... ( as nef and noble savage have explained ) Im gonna get a newer soundcard and see if i can get some better sounding drum fonts.....

Thanx for listening all..... im sure with our keen minds and ears we can find the perfect solution to having no real drummers.....

:)

Originally posted by jim
What ever happened to Maidenman?

I sent him an email about a week ago, I attached the final version of Total Eclipse and Number of the Beast...I sent it figuring he would appreciate the copies.

He responded back..saying they sounded great. Thats about it. I sent a reply back..but have not heard from him since.

My guess is that he is just too busy to be involved right now. Who knows.

We could have asked the same about you a while back. ;)

Originally posted by rabies
7th wants to do some priest. Maybe its time to start looking at their catalog as well. :D

Breaking The Law! :headbang:

I can try to learn that on guitar if there's others who want to participate, I friggin' love that tune! :D

Tis a pretty easy song. I can pick up the other guitar part...and I'm even willing to do the drums...once I get up to speed on that. Will let you guys know.

Originally posted by Eddy
Breaking The Law! :headbang:

I can try to learn that on guitar if there's others who want to participate, I friggin' love that tune! :D

I love Priest (except Turbo and Point of Entry) as much as Maiden, so I'm cool for doing some Priest. :cool:

Hey if any of you guys need Midi Files converting to Wav (mp3) then send me the midi files i have a few ways to get them converted..with Virtual Instruments.. just be sure to let me know which channels you want on and which you want left off..

They can sound pretty Decent done this way and blow away the normal GM soundset..

P

paulbr@freeuk.com