New REAL hardcore mix

sdamien6

New Metal Member
Jan 4, 2011
So I don't normally mix this kind of stuff but had this band in recently...i wanted to go for a mix somewhat similar to terror. I by no means tried to make this mix 'perfect' and super tight like you would expect to hear in a heavy mix, but more raw and well hardcore i guess. But id love to hear your thoughts on it!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17011637/Daggers Rough 1.mp3

Overall good work.
In headphones I think the kick needs to be more upfront.
I don't hear the bass. More mids and a grindy tone would beef up that style well.
Lastly the singer isn't the greatest so I would try to make his parts more interesting somehow. Not sure exactly how but I would play with subtle effects here and there. Maybe some distortion to highlight some parts. But without taking away the raw "live" sound needed for this style.

I think the snare is almost dead on for terror. Very cool. All the mids and highs seem on point.
-John

This was me posting on a old account that i had no idea i was logged into when i made the post lol. but yeah i agree with you guys. im gonna try to get a newer mix posted tonight..i ended up turning the bass town a tad too low. i kept having it way too loud so i decided to drop it down a good bit and it was too much haha