New Recording Tutorial.

Showing how to get Superior (or EZ...) drummer to sound real and, of course, GOOD. To be specific, anything that involves processing toms to make them stick out and sounding nice would be awesome.
Getting a nice guitar and bass tone out of an amp sim, and getting them to sit in a mix.

+1, with examples in context (rest of instruments), soloed guitars, and unprocessed guitars [this is something I've never seen in any tutorial]

Not to thread hi-jack, but I think guitar processing for mic'd amplifiers should be near nothing. A few minor cuts/boosts, and perhaps a bit of saturation.

I feel like guitar tone is something that REALLY comes from the source, and if you don't capture it right, it's going to fall apart right away.

I would be very interested! walking through some different compression techniques would be cool, but the whole mix idea is sweeeett.

Not to thread hi-jack, but I think guitar processing for mic'd amplifiers should be near nothing. A few minor cuts/boosts, and perhaps a bit of saturation.

I feel like guitar tone is something that REALLY comes from the source, and if you don't capture it right, it's going to fall apart right away.

You forget how many people use sims! I find it's actually easier to get a good guitar tone micd then I can from a sim... The sims take me way too long!

You forget how many people use sims! I find it's actually easier to get a good guitar tone micd then I can from a sim... The sims take me way too long!
Yeah, I was referring to amp and cab sims. But still the "just get it right from the source and cut/boost X and Y and Z" is kinda hard to get for some of us (newbies). It's hard to define what's "right", you know.

the actual sound difference of side chaining bass and kick drum and the practical application of it in modern metal ... should it be used? When? Why? What is the real sound benefit?

I never use side chaining and even after experimenting I'm not sure if I should or if I'm just doing something wrong and missing out on a whole new level of mixing skills for metal stuff

Cheers man!

the actual sound difference of side chaining bass and kick drum and the practical application of it in modern metal ... should it be used? When? Why? What is the real sound benefit?

I never use side chaining and even after experimenting I'm not sure if I should or if I'm just doing something wrong and missing out on a whole new level of mixing skills for metal stuff

Cheers man!

this sounds charming, I would like this

Cheers man!

+1

I would really like an intuitive look at getting overheads to sound great, preferably recorded ones even though most of the guys here do superior or the like. I just think that aside from guitars, OH's are what really helps to increase the fidelity and general quality of the recording and a PITA to get right.

All of this... I would waste zero time on guitar processing. It's certainly a source problem if you have to do anything more than Greg mentioned. With the ability to reamp from most people (beginners and seasoned guys), I hardly see a point but it could just be Greg and I.

Yeah, I was referring to amp and cab sims. But still the "just get it right from the source and cut/boost X and Y and Z" is kinda hard to get for some of us (newbies). It's hard to define what's "right", you know.

All of this... I would waste zero time on guitar processing. It's certainly a source problem if you have to do anything more than Greg mentioned. With the ability to reamp from most people (beginners and seasoned guys), I hardly see a point but it could just be Greg and I.

I guess this tutorial will be focused on finer details, I still have a little bit of work to do to get up to speed on tracking .
Would be valuable if you could squeeze in your take on choosing which kind of sounds work best in conjunction with others.
Even when reamping you still have to commit to a sound at some point or the mix is a non starter.
Juggling with dust in the wind