New recordings from Ethereal Collapse

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, remember me? I haven't been to the Ultimate Metal forums in awhile, but I thought some of you in the Skyfire forum might be interested to know that my band has recorded a few new songs because you all seemed to really enjoy the last ones.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/etherealcollapse.htm

We have since gotten a new drummer and bass player. The drums on these recordings are not as up front as they should be, but the quality is otherwise superb. Enjoy, and any feedback is always appreciated!

Ryan

Your feedback is appreciated man, thank you very much. You're the only one that's replied to this thread since I made it like two weeks ago, haha.

Did you think the clean vocals were off key or just out of place? Just curious. Thanks again.

Excellent excellent stuff.

Really great guitar work.
Everything is top-notch, but I'd say the weakest thing is the vocals again. But who cares, they're good enough, they're going to get better, and you guys haven't been around for years like all the other melodeath bands out today. Definitely good stuff. The future is probably bright for you guys.

SpiritCrusherX said:
Did you think the clean vocals were off key or just out of place? Just curious. Thanks again.

First of all, I don't like it when almost every "melodic death" band puts clean vocals in their songs. It just makes me feel that they're desperately trying to make their music radio-friendly or something like that (In flames, Soilwork, Disarmonia Mundi, Cipher System, Pain Confessor...). In your song (don't remember its name), the clean vocals just sounded like crap and they didn't just fit in. Just stick with the growling, it sounds good enough.