New releases in 2007 list

Sun Caged - Atemesia is out now...A little more melodic than the debut of 2003 , but if you like melodic progressive metal you're in for a treat !!

Meh, the debut album didn't got me. I walk through the album in an unatended boredom, te only song that catches my attention throughly is 'S.A.T.O.' and that's a cover!

So I will listen the new one a lot before even put it in my wish list.

NP: Aska - 'The Stalker'

New Astral Doors!

www.astraldoors.com said:
So far we have recorded the vocals to 5 new songs and my feeling is that this time you will hear a couple of new sides of Astral Doors. For example, todays song is a heavy-ballad kind of tune named "Bastard Son". I promise you, you have never heard Patrik sing with such emotion before, it's breathtaking! In the other hand we have harder songs than ever before as well. "Planet Earth" is one example of that, the meanest song we have done this far. But don't worry, it will all fit in the frame of the true Astral-sound. So I guess you will hear a more varying Astral Doors when this, not yet entitled record will hit the stores. When? After the summer of 2007 I guess.

:headbang:

I like what I hear about the new Astral Doors! My only problem with them is being stuck in a box the last couple of albums. They need to shake it up, more diversity. I wanna hear Nils Patrik use more of his soft, emotional voice. His work on Far From The Madding Crowd is breathtaking.

AGENT STEEL: New Album Is 'By Far Our Heaviest Work' - Apr. 8, 2007

California-based metallers AGENT STEEL have issued the following update:

"Just got new mixes from producer Bill Metoyer and the songs are sounding huge, heavy, with lots of depths and very intense and almost ready! Our record company [Holland's Mascot Records] just told us they need the final mixes real soon; meaning that we need to finish up.

"We just received some artwork from Dimitri Patelis and the cover is coming along; very epic and almost complete; We are proud of Dimitri's work!

"If you don't know; the new AGENT STEEL album will be entitled 'Alienigma'. I think the diehard fans will enjoy the new album (keep an open mind because we really pushed ourselves on this one). It's by far our heaviest work (I know most bands say that shit) but in this case it's really true. Fave new songs so far: 'Fashioned from Dust', 'Extinct', 'Wormwood', 'Hybridized', 'Tiamats Fall'."

"Alienigma" projected track listing:

01. Wash the Planet Clean
02. Lamb to the Slaugher
03. Fashioned from Dust
04. Hail to the Chief
05. Tiamats Fall
06. Extinct
07. WPD
08. Hibridized
09. Wormwod
10. Liberty Lying Bleeding

edit: release should be in august-september

did any of you guys mention MORTAL SIN AN ABSENCE OF FAITH due out in the next couple of months
legendary australiam thrash band reunited with mat maurer back on vocals as he was for their standout album way back in 1989
FACE OF DESPAIR

I am really looking forward to the following:

Nightingale (ties with the most anticipated one, love this band!)
Type O Negative (yes, it's out already, but have not gotten it)
Dream Theater (the most anticipated one for me)
Masterplan
Icarus Witch
Evergrey
Judas Priest

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/5820405-post25.html

Anyone got their mits on this Saboton release yet?

Yes and no. I downloaded and as I predicted on that tread it's basically the "Fist For Fight" demo remastered plus the demo itself as bonus dics. Since I already have it, I see no reason to pay whatever the cost for 2-3 new songs top, and I don't care the production quality of the demo is good enough for me and has been since I purchased it.

So IMO it's mostly for die-hard fans and completism. I rather look forward for the next album after the great "Attero Dominatus" :headbang:

NP: Saxon - I've Got To Rock (to stay alive)