Umphrey's McGee - Mantis
Memory Driven - Relative Obscurity
Gargamel - Descending
Mastodon - Crack The Skye
Ancestors - Of Sound Mind
Cobalt - Gin
Kotebel - Ouroboros
Astra - The Weirding

...most notable so far. Godamnit do I have to get my fucking ears on the new MAGMA!

New Revelation coming too. 2009 is overwhelming.

Memory Driven - Relative Obscurity

agreed. argus didnt do much for me, but memory driven was a pleasant surprise

for me, these are tops for 2009

slough feg - ape uprising
count raven - mammons war
church of misery - houses of the unholy
iron man - i have returned
pelican - what we all come to need
against nature - action at a distance

i need more time with devin townsend - Ki, while heaven wept, jesu - opiate sun, the chasm

disappointment of 2009: graveland - spears of heaven

oh and the drudkh is really good

I haven't fallen in love with anything this year...Death Transmutation is probably my favorite release so far. Griftegard is on the way, Revelation is coming soon...everything else is just kinda good to me..Memory Driven hasn't really hit me yet either

Anyone else digging the new Krallice? I like it so far, but don't know how much. I wish it wasn't 77 minutes long!

Gov't Mule's new one, By A Thread, quite solid if I may say. Haven't been the biggest fan of their studio work (aside from the 2 "The Deep End" records and their debut, I've thought of them more of a live band) but this one is really clicking with me.

On a much more (gay) note, I think Phish's Joy is going to be my album of the year at this point...

Not a good year for metal, IMO.

Also, I listened that new Hour of 13 track that's been making the rounds lately... someone needs to shoot that vocalist in the fucking throat. I surely hope they don't plan releasing that garbage. Bring back Phil Swanson.

Animal Collective are probably the most overrated band on the planet right now.

I am a fucking idiot sometimes. Merriweather Post Pavilion is a god damn masterpiece that is every bit as good as everyone says it is, even if it took me 14 months to realize this. TRULY progressive music. I shall now delete this post from the annals of history.

I've already heard a good number of 2010 albums, but so far THESE stand out above the rest:

JOANNA NEWSOM - Have One On Me
BEACH HOUSE - Teen Dream
LIARS - Sisterworld*
GORILLAZ - Plastic Beach*

*came out yesterday