new revolver mag

among_the_dead

your makin me laugh
Aug 15, 2005
Champaign,Illinios
I just recieved the new revolver magazine in the mail today and there is a interesting story on ANTHRAX entitled "reunion blues".
Apparently there is more going on in the band than the ALIVE2 documentry says.
After reading it i sense there is some heat between John Bush and the rest of the band.
"And after signing a $10million dollar contract with elektra records they do the unthinkable and fire joey and hire John Bush from armored saint and by 1995 they see record sales crash and smaller venues".

It is a very interesting read.

It just goes to show that Joey is the Voice of Anthrax.
Even on the DVD the crowd chants Joey,Joey,Joey,Joey............
I think its about time the band start to realise this.

There is also an interesting story on Dan and why Joey had to make a desperate call to him in may 05' to show up for a gig just 5 min before they went on.

I don't think you can blame the lower sales on the change of singers solely. The whole genre of metal was down in popularity. Plus, the change in personnel at the record company and the decisions of what to promote and what not to promote were also pretty big factors.

among_the_dead said:
Even on the DVD the crowd chants Joey,Joey,Joey,Joey.............

Uhhhh would it be because it is a reunion show????? Since all the pro-reunion people base the whole John vs. Joey bullshit on album sales then we shall see how quickly the live album goes platinum or gold for that matter:Smug:

I have this issue where is the article.

among_the_dead said:
I just recieved the new revolver magazine in the mail today and there is a interesting story on ANTHRAX entitled "reunion blues".
After reading it i sense there is some heat between John Bush and the rest of the band.
"And after signing a $10million dollar contract with elektra records they do the unthinkable and fire joey and hire John Bush from armored saint and by 1995 they see record sales crash and smaller venues".

There is also an interesting story on Dan and why Joey had to make a desperate call to him in may 05' to show up for a gig just 5 min before they went on.

jrw01-half said:
I don't think you can blame the lower sales on the change of singers solely. The whole genre of metal was down in popularity. Plus, the change in personnel at the record company and the decisions of what to promote and what not to promote were also pretty big factors.

Agreed.

Not only that Mtv cut headbangers ball before stomp came out and did not play metal.Thats what I think realy hurt they played so much anthrax before that during percistance album sound of white noise and state of euphoria.That realy hurt.

among_the_dead said:

Dude... in the '90's , Metal died... grunge came in like a virus and ALL metal sales went down. Megadeath, Slayer, Metalica.... the list goes on. They all suffered, in fact, John Bush is what kept Anthrax current. Anthrax could have fell into that '80's Hair metal category without the addition of Bush. We all know that Anthrax is the BOSS HardCore Thrash Metal Band, but without John Bush, I guaranty they would be out doing some dinosaur tour with other “Used to be Good” bands like Judas Priest for crowds of middle aged mullet heads. Wait a minute…..that did happen.

DumbAss said:
Dude... in the '90's , Metal died... grunge came in like a virus and ALL metal sales went down. Megadeath, Slayer, Metalica.... the list goes on. They all suffered, in fact, John Bush is what kept Anthrax current. Anthrax could have fell into that '80's Hair metal category without the addition of Bush. We all know that Anthrax is the BOSS HardCore Thrash Metal Band, but without John Bush, I guaranty they would be out doing some dinosaur tour with other “Used to be Good” bands like Judas Priest for crowds of middle aged mullet heads. Wait a minute…..that did happen.

I completely agree with this.

DumbAss said:
Nice to see someone with a good judgement!! Without Bush, there would be no Anthrax today... Without Joey in the 80's there would be no anthrax too, he did a great job in the 80's.
And dont forget is solo career. If he stay with Anthrax, what about is solo career? Think about is solo fans? Joey can't do that to her! :Smug: