New Sabbath

I was on Blabbermouth yesterday and listened to the song. It's alright. I'm not really tempted to hear it again.

I really like the song and even though I'd probably go out and buy the album, I think they've done music similar to this that have been a lot better. The album Sabotage the song "Megalomania" sorta sounds similar to this but in my opinion the older song is better:

Edit: Also, i'm not feeling the drums a lot, and it's funny because you wouldn't think BS and think about their drummer. However, Bill Ward is great and I can really hear the absence of the BS sound without him... sorta incomplete?

Edit 2: Listened to it again, it's definitely the drums that are lacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, I was one of the people on here saying the day Ward got dumped that BS wouldn't be the same without him. Shocker, I was right.

Bill Ward is a greedy old man. So who gives a fuck if he's not on the new album or touring with the band. Brad Wilk is a capable drummer regardess if Rage Against the Machine is good or not. And you can't limit someone's talent based on what they do in a band which is fitting for the style and what a band is doing.

Bill Ward is a greedy old man. So who gives a fuck if he's not on the new album or touring with the band. Brad Wilk is a capable drummer regardess if Rage Against the Machine is good or not. And you can't limit someone's talent based on what they do in a band which is fitting for the style and what a band is doing.

Yeah, Bill Ward is greedy cause he didn't sign onto a multi-million dollar album.

Hey man, I was one of the people on here saying the day Ward got dumped that BS wouldn't be the same without him. Shocker, I was right.

Rereading the thread again, I saw your post about the drums. Couldn't agree more. BS is empty without the drums, and it's kind of undeniable.

i gave it a few listens before making an opinion. I wanted to get past the hating and the excitement. i really like it a lot. I'm relieved. Hope the rest of the album is as solid as this. I often find when the first listen is great it ends up being all hype and the album sucks a few weeks later

It's not bad, but it's repetitive. I can only listen to him say "God is dead" so many times. I'm not religious, any over repetitive chorus is boring. I don't see myself listening to it many more times in the future-- I like variety.

The music shows potential though, I'd listen to the rest of the album.

I just got my tickets - stoked! I saw them a bunch on the last run and I'm kind of annoyed that it's pretty much the same set AGAIN but it's been a few years so I'm sure I'll survive.

I remember when they got back with DIO it was because they were so tired of playing the same songs over and over, as soon as he died I was worried that they would fall back into the trap.. looks like I was right. Kind of feel bad for Tony and Geezer but at least there's finally a new record