NEW SAMPLES AT evergrey.net mainpage comments ?

Listening as I type. Sound very promising! I'll give more comments once I've given them a few more 'spins' :) A question though. Will there be any ltd versions of the CD or 'just' a normal one?

NP: Evergrey - Unspeakable

Let's start off to say it's too short to give an opinion but the first things that cross my mind after hearing all 3 clips: Clean, honest, modern, less metal/less raw, too many bands already used voice distortion so that part could have been left away for me in the start of 'Still in the water', heavier, can't wait to get my hands on the full copy :)

Yeah I'm a happy Evergreyfan!!! What I 've hear so far sounds great to me
Too short for a good impression, but I love it!
Wish it was the day I can pick the CD out of the mailbox

Havermout said:
Let's start off to say it's too short to give an opinion but the first things that cross my mind after hearing all 3 clips: Clean, honest, modern, less metal/less raw, too many bands already used voice distortion so that part could have been left away for me in the start of 'Still in the water', heavier, can't wait to get my hands on the full copy :)

I'm just kidding...I wouldn't make a judgement on that, but one of those cuts sounded almost pop.

schenkadere said:
I'm just kidding...I wouldn't make a judgement on that, but one of those cuts sounded almost pop.

Ah, But it still sounds like Evergrey. It's nothing they haven't done before. Hey, At least it's different.. at least. :tickled: And the comment on the voice distortion, it's not like they haven't done that many times before aswell. I like it so far. The drumming is better then it was on TiC I can tell already. I'll probably go pre-order this weekend. Nifty riffage. Classic Evergrey.

Sounds awesome after a few listens!

I'm just waiting for the flameing and slating to arise! :yuk:

:loco:

....oh, fuck yeah. TIC had to grow on me for the first few listens, but this is great right off the bat.

*preorders*

thank you, Tom!

I'm thinking this is gonna be another concept album, so it'll make more sense on the full album.

I can't WAIT, it does sound good, though.

(Note: No solos in the clips! :()

first comment: really heavy, propably the heaviest guitar sound Evergrey ever had!
Really very cool! Can't wait for my signed copy :)

jaimek said:
....oh, fuck yeah. TIC had to grow on me for the first few listens, but this is great right off the bat.

*preorders*

thank you, Tom!

HellYEAH! I can feel the evergrey-wibe here:) its really give me a little recreation day/in search of truth feeling...and still a little of the heavyness from TIC,like more than ever;) SOOO EXCITED to hear the whole album!

The new samples kick ass. Jonas's drumming sounds much much better. We're also hearing the first ever sounds from Tom's and Henrik's Caparison 7-string custom models. Can't wait for 4 April. C-ya guys in Toronto soon.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Hey Noob here. I can't really give an opinion on these samples because one; they need to be heard in the context of the full songs and two; it needs to be heard in context to the whole album.

I can't wait for the new album, I own every EG album including the live album and DVD and i thought the first half of The inner Circle was really good but the second half was rather boring.

The guitar tone in these songs sound heavy but im afraid that the guitar tone reminds me of korn, probably because they are on 7 strings, it sounds like this album may be more accesible than any other albums they have done, but then again its a bit early to tell. I hope they havnt lost their progressive edge at all. I can't wait. :dopey: