New Saxon fan here...

AcesHigh

Sep 25, 2002
Novo Hamburgo, Brasil
Hello people. I only discovered Saxon in the middle of 2003, and damn, I lost such a long time of my life NOT listening to Saxon!! My neighbour showed me some tracks from Heavy Metal Thunder and I liked some of them. So I bought some albuns, starting with that Diamonds and such album, which is a compilation of alternative versions of classic songs and it was kinda like "oh my god, thats exactly the kind of classic metal I was looking for!!!". I was instantly hooked. Ive been a fan of Maiden, Sabbath and Judas (and other bands of course) for a long time, but there is a limit for the number of times one can listen to the same albuns. I like refreshment, and Saxon gave me that, but of course maintaining the 80s classic metal feel.

Welcome AceS

AcesHigh said:
Hello people. I only discovered Saxon in the middle of 2003, and damn, I lost such a long time of my life NOT listening to Saxon!! My neighbour showed me some tracks from Heavy Metal Thunder and I liked some of them. So I bought some albuns, starting with that Diamonds and such album, which is a compilation of alternative versions of classic songs and it was kinda like "oh my god, thats exactly the kind of classic metal I was looking for!!!". I was instantly hooked. Ive been a fan of Maiden, Sabbath and Judas (and other bands of course) for a long time, but there is a limit for the number of times one can listen to the same albuns. I like refreshment, and Saxon gave me that, but of course maintaining the 80s classic metal feel.

and to think you used to call us ignorant and closed minded back on the Maiden GC.:err: :rolleyes:

Well, I`m glad to see what great music you`ve missed over the decades. Welcome to Saxon. They simply kick major ass. Nuthin fancy, just in your face Heavy Metal(with a nice Midas Touch)! :headbang: :headbang:

By far, the friendliest Metal band out there!

saxonmckenz said:
Where about in Brasil are you?. I've been to Vitoria a few times. My partner is Brazilian, i'm Scottish.
Welcome fellow SAXON fan.
Novo Hamburgo, a 250k people town settled by germans in 1824, in the southernmost brazilian state, Rio Grande do Sul. Nearer Buenos Aires than Rio de Janeiro.

Welcome to the Tribe Of The Eagle, AcesHigh!

Don't worry - you're not alone. I was aware of Saxon since the mid-eighties but didn't get into them until I bought a bargain 'Best Of' CD on eBay a couple of years back. I loved it! And could not believe that a track such as 'The Eagle Has Landed' had passed by my childhood unnoticed! I then got myself a copy of 'Killing Ground'. After that, I was a confirmed fan! I went on to buy every album and also the more vague titles such as the one you mentioned - 'Diamonds & Nuggets'.
I have even gone onto to buy the solo efforts of Nigel Glocker, Graham Oliver and Steve Dawson. I love everything about the band and this has all happened over a course of several years! I'm seeing Biff and the boys in September (1st time!) and I can't wait!
Better late than never!