New Show Format

ThirstyViking

New Metal Member
Aug 14, 2011
Hey guys, I wanted to know what you guys thought of the new show format. Specifically, AA played the whole Surtur Rising album, then took a short beer break and then returned to play songs from other albums. I saw the show in Montreal last night and thought it was a kick ass idea!! They played something like 12 songs after the break, for a total of 3 hours. Demanding for them, but it really seems like to enjoyed playing for us!!

On top of that, they played my favorite song The Last with Pagan Blood, so I personally could not ask for a better show!! I'll remember this specific show my whole life! The other AA shows I saw were also great though!

the double set is not anything really new. but, it was an amazing night here in TO. for sure. double sets tend to not be done often due to multiple bands playing, and time constraints to let the fans actually leave and get home in a decent time. (by that I mean ending around 2 am at the latest) Im greatful they decided to play it though

It does sound good! I know you have more chances of seeing AA play near you in Europe but I always get tour envy whenever I see the support acts for US dates.:cool:

Or in this case the lack of support acts ^^

Yep...seems like a good thing...I hope they maybe bring that to Europe next Year for their 20th anniversary :)

it may take them only 4 days
Day 1 : Scum + STTNW + OSFTGH + 15 mns break + The Avenger
Day 2 : The Crsuher + 15 mns break + VTW
Day 3 : FON + 15 mns break + WOOOS
Day 4 : TOTTG + 15 mns break + Surtur Rising + A final new song as a special song ;)

and there u have it

Not bad :)

I think tickets would be expensive though :p However, it would be worth it, and even if I had to travel all around the world to see this show I would go :D

I don't see that ever happening unless some major cash was on the table.

Has there ever been any band around that has done that type of thing?

It was quite challenging / lots of work as I understand during the Bochum days and that was barely half of what you're suggesting. Lot's of practice/rehearsing hours before each show. Lots of fun for all but the band.

i hope they'd play all their songs live from Scum to Surtur Rising for their 20years

Well there you have it. You know it's a great band when a "Best Of" would take that long he he.

Good news for Europeans, they'll be in Wacken next year. I want to go! Airfare to get across the Atlantic increases total show cost but being part of the festival must be awesome!