New show in Jerusalem

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
As anounced previously in the Hebrew forum: Orphaned Land will be playing at this years OUD festival in Jerusalem.
This is going to be a very special show, because it is not like any of the festivals Orphaned Land has played before!

As you probably know already the oud is an ancient instrument that still plays a vital role in todays traditional and classical Middle Eastern music. This instrument has been used often in the music of Orphaned Land.

The purpose of the Confederation House institution that puts on this festival is 'to promote productions and enrichment programs involving ethnic music, world music, literature, poetry and Jewish thought. On its stage are presented unique musical performances, meetings with writers and intellectuals, as well as concert series for primary and secondary school students.
The House produces quality cultural programs reflecting their creators' unique searches for cultural roots and their authentic voices.'

The show will be played on the 15th of November and will feature Yossi's father and uncle as special guests. Futhermore the qannun player that was there for Sahara and El Norra Alila will also be participating.

This acoustic concert will be an exciting occasion for fans to hear more of the oriental side of the band. For more information on the festival and ticket sales, go to: http://confederationhouse.org/

OUD-festival.jpg

Argh! I am leaving Israel 2 days after the concert I won't be able to make it. Oh well theres always next year \m/!!

Kenneth, Id love for everyone wonderful person from this forum that I've met to come along. Who knows- maybe I'll win the lottery one day.

Yannick-For sure I'd love to show you Jerusalem. It's great, not solmething plastic like most famous places, but a beautiful city where you can touch history. Mind you, probably it'll snow when I go there, like it did when I was in Istanbul and Thesalonikki last year. But I think it would be even more beautiful when its partially covered in snow.
Bring your camera!!!

well.....believe me.....
my mother's family are living in Jerusalem.....I used to go there every saturday.....but Nathalie knows about the city more than me, after only 3 times.....

4 times sweetie- but I have to admit that I spend many days there, by myself walking through the streets of the old town. Just looking, taking pictures.
One friend once told me he thought Jerusalem nothing special, he told me not to go there. I guess its because he believes religion to be nonsense. Myself I am not a religious person, but you have to admire this ancient place if only for the buildings and the market and to walk on the rooftops.

It is not for nothing they wrote a famous song about Jerusalem, you know the one I mean.

there are few songs about Jerusalem....

yes....4 times....i knew it.....my mistake!

well.....i am not religious at all, but Jerusalem is my favourite city in Israel.
the atmosphere is really unique.....and you can't really find me saying good things about my country! (well.....maybe few things).

Nathalie, i really am looking forward to see you there in November.....and hope more people from here will come as well.....