New Singer : /

Oct 5, 2003
Visit site
I just heard the clips on the website and saw the one video clilp. The new singer has a great voice and is very beautiful!!! However I must say the Dickinson comparison just isn't there. Jenn was absolutely stunning when it came to imitating Bruce. I wish the new singer luck but I just don't know that its the same without Jenn up there.

But Jen was always singing off key, so your right, it's not the same. Jen had the Bruce moves down, but the new singer has only been with this group for a short time now and I think she is going to get better and better.

Jenny had been doing the Bruce Chickinson (I think Mark and the rest of the Maidens should come up with a new Maideny name for Aja, since Jenny was Bruce Chickinson before The Iron Maidens ever came around, it goes without saying that the same person who gave her the name was in her previous Maiden project and got 2 of the current band members into the project... but, let's not argue over semantics, since what is done... is done...) thing for 4 years before she quit the band, so yes, she had the Bruce moves down (as for singing off-key... that's debatable)... but Jen herself told me (alleged behavior at the Galaxy notwithstanding) that Aja has a much larger range and was very happy with the Maidens decision to get her... (don't believe me? your problem.. not mine... soooo a bit of respect is due to the lady... in my honest opinion)

this is what you get, when I'm exhausted... to quote Hamlet... words... words... wooooords

If she would be willing to get more of a Bruce hair color, the operatic style vocals are there. Maybe a little more from the gut and heart when singing. She has excellent chops. I agree, a little time is in order, and Jenn is missed. The best and worst of both worlds, that is life.

I have yet to see Aja with the Maidens, but given her credentials, I am sure she is extremely competent and well qualified. Enough with the personal attacks, also! For those of you who don't know, Jen is and always was a hardcore Maiden fan for many, many years, long before this tribute band, and put her heart and soul, and a significant portion of her life into Wrathchild, and, subsequently, the Iron Maidens. The other women in the band have also worked very hard to get the band where it is now. Just enjoy it!

I agree with Mr. Drumslut...

Of course all of us OG fans of theIM's are going to miss Jen. But there is no need to make personal attacks. I caught a lot of shows & Jen never dissappointed. And I am a picky Mother F-ker.

As for the new singer, I'm looking forward to eventually catching the new line-up. Give the kid a break... she auditioned for an opportunity and she got the gig. Give her a chance to flex some skills and jell with the band.

I didn't read any personal attacks... you had an honest opinion. I believe Aja's first gig was brilliant, and she will keep on getting better.
my comments were mostly directed to the personal attacks on Jen, a dear friend of mine... I found those comments to be out of place here. The maidens are not mudslinging here, therefore no one else has a right to... as long as I'm around, I will see that good vibes flow here...
I found those attacks to be baseless for that reason, and reacted to them accordingly...
Anyone having any problems with my defending of my friend... then pm me... thanks

KS

PS: I'll be off at a screening of Fahrenheit 9/11