new site ideas

I

ianmetalhead

the guys who run the saxon 747 website were asking for ideas for the new revamp of the saxon site

1, how about running competions on the site and with prizes
like meeting the band sweat shirts t- shirts etc etc

2, a lot of other band web sits put a lot of there guitar tab
on there sites that would be a good one for the saxon
guitar fans

I think competions is a very good idea though i think the band might not want to meet the fans as they are a shy bunch :).
Also if possible this web site should be able sell more goodies of the band i have the mug!.How about some sample downloads of music or videos of latest singles or even past ones.How about just for fun a quizz or crossword about the band or something like that.Reviews of tours from other countries around the globe that they have played if possible.The trouble with most web sites is money and time. so whatever the new web site will look like in the future i would like to say thankyou for your hard work in doing it anyway.
All the best MR X.

how about letting saxon record a new song for free download on this site. not a song that would ever be released on cd or so. just for free download here, as a present to old fans, and as a song for new people to find out about saxon? just an idea, it is not new since other bands have done this before already but I think it is a cool idea. actually I e-mailed udo dirkschneider the same idea yesterday, still awaiting his answer.

How about Tour Diaries written by the band. I love reading these on other sites as they provide a good insite into the tour.
Also how about getting news, dates etc on here Before it appears anywhere else.

A tour diary is a great idea, as well as, the guitar tabs. I think vintage photos of the band would be a great addition to the site. A tour date archive would be a good idea as well.....

Steve

Waht do you think of linking some of the the Saxon Tribute sites on Saxon747 because they have all the extra stuff that is not available on the official site, like ticket stubs, old t-shirts, buttons, patches and so on.

We also wrote with Nigel Gl. and he has put our link on his site and we enjoy that very much, so I think that sais enough.

www.saxon-nl.com THE UNofficial Saxon Tribute Site.

Cheers Pat

I was going to type this, it's really very interesting stuff. But who in the band do you think will like to write all things down ? Just wondering. Because it takes time.
Polls is also good.