New Slayer

I actually like the production (miles better than Fidelman's work). Drums are unusually roomy for this type of music which is kind of cool in my book.
Now the song is just boring, riffs are the same old endlessly rehashed shit and I hate how Tom Araya tries to fill most of the space with his tired vocals.
Leads are godawful as usual no surprise here.

I respect the shit out of Slayer but I havent really cared about what they are doing in the last 10 years or so. I heard the last two discs quite a bit, and they didnt suck IMO but it was really run of the mill for them, entirely predictable.

I am probably picking this up though because Terry Date is the man, and I prefer Paul Bostaph in Slayer. Divine Intervention is my favorite disc of theirs largely due to the insane drumming. Plus I think with Jeff gone Kerry probably feels like he has something to prove songwise and there may be a couple standout tracks.

The intro started pretty promising but drifted over into boring, then picked back up into being pretty cool. It sounds to my ears as an inferior version of Blood in, Blood Out though (the song, I mean).

Using a Kemper, pretty cool!

23rpow6.jpg

This does not sound particularly great or bad from this clip imo. Slayer production has always been kind of shoddy. Hell, even Andy Wallace couldn't make them sound amazing. I bet they are all purist and are intent on everything sounding super raw. My favorite studio track of theirs in terms of sonics is Gemini off the Undisputed Attitude disc. Killer Hanneman track.

This does not sound particularly great or bad from this clip imo. Slayer production has always been kind of shoddy. Hell, even Andy Wallace couldn't make them sound amazing. I bet they are all purist and are intent on everything sounding super raw. My favorite studio track of theirs in terms of sonics is Gemini off the Undisputed Attitude disc. Killer Hanneman track.
Gemini was written by King/Araya.

I recently heard a song by Slayer which I thought is what this post was about. Maybe it was the previous album, but it was pretty bad.

This is good ol' Slayer right here!

I just can't listen to Slayer anymore, I don't know if it's me or I am just bored of their sound.

It sounds like thrash though, which I guess is a good thing.

wasn't a fan of the production, but then i turned it real loud and it was MUCH better. still feel the music would have more impact with a different mix/sounds. kick really bothers me here.