NEW SOLSTAFIR IS OUT NEW SOLSTAFIR IS OUT NEW SOLSTAFIR IS OUT

Haven't heard this sample yet, but aren't most things these days brickwalled DR5?

Yes true, but it doesn't mean I'll stop being annoyed by it, and also, Solstafir's last two albums (while awesome) could've been a lot better with decent sound quality.

it almost pains me how completely toothless and deprived of songwriting ideas this album is

sucks if true

so with agalloch and sólstafir both pretty much down for the count, i guess iron maiden is the only active metal band that can be trusted anymore

sucks if true

so with agalloch and sólstafir both pretty much down for the count, i guess iron maiden is the only active metal band that can be trusted anymore

New Empyrium is quite excellent

and I still haven't given up on Agalloch. I just won't ever listen to it again to preserve the benefit of doubt.

doubt it

too far gone down the road of polished nonsense "mastered" to dr5

Don't forget The Lord Weird Slough Feg, but you don't like The Lord Weird Slough Feg.
i do not, because they are bad

funtime jokey reference-bingo metal is not my thing

New Empyrium is quite excellent
hmm

new empyrium, you say

and I still haven't given up on Agalloch. I just won't ever listen to it again to preserve the benefit of doubt.
iawtp

i listened to it a whole lot in the 2 or 3 days after i got it and now, a couple of weeks later, i have had no urge to listen to it and i can recall almost not a single note or line of lyrics

the only thing from the album that has stuck to my brain is "MY WORK HAS BEgun" and then that weird clean part that makes little sense and leads nowhere

I'm still torn on these outsourced interludes tbh.

They sound good, but I keep thinking "it's not Agalloch", so something's wrong, that could have been made right had they just called the thing officially an Agalloch/Musk Ox split CD. Just a detail probably, and I know a billion bands have been doing such external featurings before, but it disturbs me a little.

I'm still torn on these outsourced interludes tbh.

They sound good, but I keep thinking "it's not Agalloch", so something's wrong, that could have been made right had they just called the thing officially an Agalloch/Musk Ox split CD. Just a detail probably, and I know a billion bands have been doing such external featurings before, but it disturbs me a little.

what is weirder is this release

cause its a record billed as being by agalloch when, to my knowledge, no member of agalloch has touched the music on it

also, a 1-track 7" with a grand total of 2:26 of music on it? can't wait til rabid agalloch fans pay $500 on ebay for 2:26 of not-even-the-right-fuckin-band