NEW SOLSTAFIR IS OUT NEW SOLSTAFIR IS OUT NEW SOLSTAFIR IS OUT

love the interludes, though

in fact, the best take-away from this new agalloch album for me may be that i need to check out this musk ox thing

what is weirder is this release

cause its a record billed as being by agalloch when, to my knowledge, no member of agalloch has touched the music on it

also, a 1-track 7" with a grand total of 2:26 of music on it? can't wait til rabid agalloch fans pay $500 on ebay for 2:26 of not-even-the-right-fuckin-band

didn't know they pulled that stunt. It's beyond dubious. Unless, as I said, Larochette is now fully a member of Agalloch.

Oh well.

what is weirder is this release

cause its a record billed as being by agalloch when, to my knowledge, no member of agalloch has touched the music on it

also, a 1-track 7" with a grand total of 2:26 of music on it? can't wait til rabid agalloch fans pay $500 on ebay for 2:26 of not-even-the-right-fuckin-band
This was the single stupidest musical thing I have ever purchased. $17 to listen to 2:26 only 3 times is not a good investment, especially since it isn't even the god damn band. I will absolutely sell it as soon as I can get some $$$ for it, and I never do that kind of thing. Well, I did once with a rare Tool release, but that was years ago. And I still feel slightly guilty.

i do not, because they are bad

funtime jokey reference-bingo metal is not my thing
I think the joke with Slough Feg is that Scalzi takes it deadly seriously. But perhaps the joke is on me.

OT: I will be giving Sólstafir another chance this coming week due to this thread. I still can't get into Masterpiece of Bitterness, but I shall try again...

makes me feel bad for the guy. the band put up a response on their Facebook page, but it just seems like some half-hearted damage control bullshit. obviously there are always two sides to every story…. what amazes me is all of these fucking idiots who feel entitled enough to tell the band how ashamed they should be/etc. what the hell do you people know about the personal lives of four icelandic musicians? clearly there is some deep personal shit here that will probably never be revealed. this drummer could have been shooting smack in the tour van for all we know… this drama has been happening between band members since the first band ever existed. after all of this drama, gummi clearly isn't going to be their drummer ever again, so just. let. it. go. you. crazy. people.

(seriously, read all of these Facebook comments. people are acting like every fan is a certified band member)

i'm not as excited this time. but there is a new song from the new album for those who care

it's mostly the same ol' same ol' but it kind of seems like they're going a little bit back to their "old style" -- as bands do when they grow old -- it's a little bit less lethargic and there's even SPOILER ALERT a brief blastbeat/tremolo section

but i can't shake the feeling that i already heard these vocal melodies and these chord progressions and also i'm still salty about the drummer situation

what happened to Gummi was definitely a bummer. This new guy can keep a beat, but his performances are lifeless. Otta was a good album other than the fact that it's just SO fucking slow. Berdreyminn is more of the same (as you said) but intolerably boring at times. I felt the same way about this new song, it sounds like something ripped right from the last album. These guys are clearly scraping the barrel for songwriting ideas. Please go back to shamelessly ripping off FOTN